Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow forum members. Today I purchased a 2007 Honda VTX1800T with only 2,070 miles! The 77 year old I purchased from was going to use it for motorcycle shows, but feel ill and it never materialized. I went to look at it where it was garage kept with a dehumidifier and heaters! I drove it home and was WOWIZED by it's performance! It was only a 15 mile back roads drive, but very impressive.
Over the next few days, I will check the air in the tires, oil and other items. I wasn't looking for a touring bike, but I do need a windshield, saddle bags and a passenger back rest, so this fit the requirements.
Wonder why they stopped making this model as well as the VTX1300? Seems like this would have been a big seller??
Honda.jpg

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,259 Posts
Nice score. You might check the date code on those tires. Anything over five years old is susceptible to dry rot on the side walls no matter how much tread is left.

·
Registered
17,240 Posts
Nice score. You might check the date code on those tires. Anything over five years old is susceptible to dry rot on the side walls no matter how much tread is left.
Plus the rubber gets hard, losing its gripping ability for both traction and braking. More susceptible to sliding in curves. Good looking machine. The reasons they quit making these machines has been talked about for a number of years, no 1 major factor, but a bunch of things. Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay......I replaced the fluid and bled the clutch, front and rear brakes....What a difference! I also did a routine inspection of the coolant and topped off the tires with the correct amount of air.
Today I rode 80 miles with speeds up to 80 mph (short sprint) and have determined the bike is sound and road worthy as a commuter.
I realize I need to replace the tires, but that will have to be done next month or so. So, all in all, I am pleased with my purchase and think I'll be keeping this one for awhile......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am reporting that today I sold my VTX 1800 after riding it about 600 miles. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, just a bit to big and heavy for me. So now the hunt begins for a smaller, lighter bike.

·
Registered
2007 1300C
652 Posts
VTX 1300 should fill the bill!!

Reactions: PaXman11
1 - 7 of 7 Posts