Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am the proud new owner of a 05 1800N 10K Miles and CLEEEAN. (absolutely love it). However,I have noticed that through 3rd to 4th, And 4th to 5th if I am really on the throttle (quick shifting, immediately hard on the gas right after I let go of the clutch) it takes it a second or so before it goes into gear. The clutch is
all the way out at that point. I was thinking that it might be the clutch springs I put heavy duty Barnett Springs in it this week, but it is still there. I thought this might have something to do with the Rev Limiter?
If I go through the gears normally I have no problem at all. I have never owned a bike with a hydrolic clutch before so I'm not very familiar. Is this some safty mechanism? I hope. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
NO safety device. clutch... if clutch was working. you can chirp the tire in second... OK>?

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
then I need you to explain the problem.. I do not understand.. clutch grabs... transmission shifts.. engine had good power.

clutch lever should NOT have end play... like a cable. ..

maybe shift a little early... and the rev limiter is kicking in just as you shift.. NO Tachometer.. I guess

1 - 4 of 4 Posts