Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just joined the club, and 1st question i have is what size or type of bulbs does the spot lights use they're very dim but i just got the bike, its a 2004 Honda VTX1300C thanks..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys i just joined the club, and 1st question i have is what size or type of bulbs does the spot lights use they're very dim but i just got the bike, its a 2004 Honda VTX1300C thanks.. also when i use the choke to start bike i pull it all out or half way and bike hardly runs and about dies but push choke in almost all the way but just a little out it chokes ok whats going on here? As i said im a newbie too just got my 1st bike help please?

·
Super Moderator
9,619 Posts
What are the "spotlights"?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The spotlights what i call them are the 2 lights on bar next to the main headlight 1 on each side so when you turn brights on they also come on with headlight

·
Premium Member
10,077 Posts
Hey guys i just joined the club, and 1st question i have is what size or type of bulbs does the spot lights use they're very dim but i just got the bike, its a 2004 Honda VTX1300C thanks..
Welcome from Tennessee and wishing you well!🇺🇸🇺🇸

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx guys im hoping for a good and safe ride for everyone stay safe from Louisiana

·
Super Moderator
5,414 Posts
Those are called Driving lights and are supposed to be wired so that they are on when the headlight is in low beam mode and turn off when headlight is in high beam mode. Several states have laws for when the driving lights are allowed to be on. Having said that, without knowing who manufactured them it is pretty hard to tell which bulbs they take. But, most aftermarket driving lights use Halogen bulbs, many of us are upgrading our lighting to LED's because they put out more light and a whiter light then incandescents and Halogen and at the same time use less power. Pictures would be helpful in identifying them.

Oh and,
Welcome to the Cafe from the sunny central valley in California. Enjoy the Addiction!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok and ill have to check that out cause they're wired to high beams whoever had the bike before me must have done it, thanks bro.

·
Super Moderator
5,414 Posts
OK, brain fart time here. I wrote that exactly backwards. Driving lights are used to augment your high beams but must be extinguished when approaching oncoming traffic or when following traffic in front of you closely, so it is usually tied into the highbeam circuit!!!! Sorry about that!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,619 Posts
Unless you get the driving lights installed at a Honda dealer and especially if you install them yourself, odds are very good that you will have the driving lights on whenever the headlight is on (low or high beam). Everyone I've ridden with who has driving lights have them on all the time. This is much safer since they help to make other drivers aware of your presence. I am sure it has happened somewhere but I've never heard of a cop giving a biker a ticket or even a hassle for having driving lights on with the low beams. It is quite easy to install a switch on the driving lights that can turn them off so I recommend using such a switch and wiring them so they are on whenever the headlight is on. Also, make sure to power them through a relay controlled by the headlight but powered by an independent wire from the battery.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts