Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am new to the forum. I am about to purchase a 2004 VTX1800 N Series Spec 2. The bike is beautiful and has about 8000 miles on it. Any comments regarding this model (pros/cons things to watch out for) appreciated.

Also would like some advise regarding Title transfer. The seller's title is not in his name. He has the bill of sale and a signed title that he never bothered to switch to his name. I am in Texas. How do I go about this? I can verify the address of the person because he lives nearby, and I could have him sign a document that basically would say that there are no liens on the bike what so ever. Today is a Saturday and I would like to do the transaction, however tax office is closed. Thank you very much in advance for your valuable comments, and hope to be riding with you out there some time soon..

·
IBA #37750
1,813 Posts
Can't help you with the Title thingy...but...I'm sure others will chime in soon with advice.

Welcome to the Cafe from Raleigh, North Carolina

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Welcome from Idaho...

Not sure about Texas, but a few years ago I was given a bike that had sat for 10 yrs and the guy had never registered it in his name. In fact it was registered in another state...I had to go find the previous owner and get them to sign a "Release of Liability"....I had an LEO friend run the plate to make sure there were no issues there....then I just got a new title and registered it in my state....

Those members from Texas will chime in soon...Good luck, you will love your new ride..

·
Registered
25 Posts
To be safe I would call the title office on Monday and ask before any money is exchanged.

I have a 2005 1800 N2 and there are no Cons in the past 4 years. I hope yours is black. It is the best looking. Lots of ideas on this forum for mods and upgrades. Have fun.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Spring, TeXas. :cheers:

You need to tiltle the bike in Montgomery County, I am sure you know this. I would avoid the entire paper battle of the guy you bought it from not tranfering it. Go to the tax office as if you had purchased it from the owner before him. All of the needed forms & info should be online @ http://www.co.montgomery.tx.us/tax/ . If you get signatures on the on all the required lines (how they get there is up to you) it should be easy. The tax office only cares about getting their fees & the sales tax.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts

You need to tiltle the bike in Montgomery County, I am sure you know this. I would avoid the entire paper battle of the guy you bought it from not tranfering it. Go to the tax office as if you had purchased it from the owner before him. All of the needed forms & info should be online @ http://www.co.montgomery.tx.us/tax/ . If you get signatures on the on all the required lines (how they get there is up to you) it should be easy. The tax office only cares about getting their fees & the sales tax.
Brilliant advice! Welcome to the cafe from 18 degrees Illinois!:choppersm

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,114 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from North Idaho and good luck with the DMV.
When we bought the wife's shadow, the owner lived in Oregon and was sold by his brother in law in Wash. We had the title signed by the owner, but needed the owner in Oregon to fax a transfer of ownership (I thought that was the title) to Idaho. Luckily all things went smoothly.

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts

Right on ashop1al ... Get everything in order before any $$$$$ changes hands. Waiting a couple of days and getting it done right could save a legal knot later that could cost more $$$$$ and time.

I am sure the whole deal is on the up and up but don't want to be like the guy who got stopped for running a red light and ended up in jail for car theft. He had bought a pickup and not gone through all the hoops to get the transfer of title in a 3rd party transaction kinda like you are into ... turns out the vehicle had been reported stolen. Been sold to him by a family member of an estate that had not been settled and he had no right to sell the vehicle. Turned out ok for him in the end, no charges but he lost his truck...

Hope all goes well and you are on two wheels soon.

Welcome to the Cafe from the High Plains of Texas .....

1st •> :choppersm2nd •> •> :choppersm3rd •> •> •>:choppersm4th •> •> •> •> :choppersm Gone •> •> •> •> •> _____ :choppersm​

1800 Mods / Accessories​
•• National Cycle Switchblade 2up Windshield, National Cycle Switchblade Chrome Lowers •• Clocks4bikes Clock-Thermometer •• Big Bike Parts/Chrome Rear Brake Reservoir Cover, Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• BrakeAway Throttle Control •• Paladin Highway bar •• Cobra Luggage Rack, Sissy bar & Tribal Insert, Drive Shaft Cover •• Barrel Bag •• Saddlemen SaddleStow Sissy Bar Deluxe Bag •• Willie & Max Windshield bag •• VTXExhaust.com 12" Short •• VTX Master Cylinder covers •• WhyPush "X" Air Box, K&N Filter •• Cycle House side covers •• Biglry & Bones Fuel Management •• Coyote Gas Cap hinge •• Kuryakyn ISO Grips & Throttle Boss, SwingWing Foot Pegs, Dually offset pegs, License Plate Mount for VX 1800C, License Plate frame, Texas Inspection Sticker plate •• Hondaline Chrome Light Bar for 1800C •• HealTech Digital Gear Indicator/eCaddy Accessory Mount •• Cardo Intercom Scala Q2 & G4 •• iPod •• Avon Cobra 200 -130 tires & Dyna Beads •• Tsukayu Strong bags/EasyBrackets •• Ultimate Bigboy driver seat with backrest and passenger seat •• Rivco Tachometer for 1800 C, Rivco 6" risers, Rivco Passenger boards/forward adaptors •• Big Bike Parts Chrome Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• Gremlin Bell •• Signal Minder ••* Xena XX14 Motorcycle Disc Lock Alarm -- next on list • Tweaked Scotrod Tool Bag mod, Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors, Stebel Horn, Progressive shocks….

750 Mods / Accessories​
Memphis Shades Fats 21” Gradient Black Windshield • Memphis Shades Quick Release Mounting Kit • Memphis Shades Lowers-Black / Mounting Kit •• Cobra Light Bar • Freeway Bar • Sissy bar • Plain Insert • Luggage Rack • Honda OEM Driver Foot Pegs VTX 1800C3 model •• Lazy Rider Small Barrel Bag •• Saddlemen Cruiser Large Tool Bag • Shock Cutaway Saddlebags •• Vance and Hines Cruzer Dual Exhaust •• WhyPush “Tribal Flame” Air Box / K&N Filter •• Kuryakyn ISO Grips • Kuryakyn Throttle Boss •• BrakeAway Throttle Control •• Avon Venom 180 - 90/90 tires •• Robert Doerr Custom Seat Mod with graphic •• ButtyBuddy auxillary seat •• Clocks4bikes Clock • Clocks4bikes Thermometer •• HealTech Digital Gear Indicator •• Phat Riser III for 750 Spirit •• Big Bike Parts Drive Shaft Cover • Chrome Drive Shaft Bolt Trim • Kisan Signal Minder • Kuryakyn Carburetor Jet Kit •• Evoline Wayer Helmet •• Cardo Intercom Scala G4 Powerset-Q2 Multiset • Gremlin Bell • ToolKit • Xena XX-6 Disc Lock Alarm -- next on list • Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors, Stebel Horn….

:patriot:..........• Blessed to have been born in Texas •..........:patriot:
• Blessed to have been raised in Texas •
• Blessed to Live in Texas •
• If things continue as they are going - Hopefully I will be Blessed to see Texas as a Sovereign Nation again before I pass •
• Blessed I will be buried in Texas •

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Get everything done before the seller sees dime one of your cash. Hoping everything works out, welcome to the Cafe from New York. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
here's a shout out from Calgary Alberta - may you ride with the wind at your back, the sun overhead and the road endlessly winding.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all for the advise, and the welcoming wishes. Will update on Monday about the title.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and wishing you a nice day. :patriot:

·
.45 Goodness
3,078 Posts
Welcome from Frostproof,FL.:)

Ride Safe :choppersm

1 - 20 of 24 Posts