Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
22 degrees this morning comimg in to work. Everything was fine till the condensate from my breath started freezing on my shield. I'm going to try to make a fleece face guard tonight.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
wow, i am amazed at some of the cold weather the Deep South is getting this fall, thats right, fall, dec 21 is the first day of winter, holy cow!
Hang in there, Southern riders, its got to warm up pretty soon.
Bry :patriot:

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,396 Posts
yea...dont you feel sorry for the southerners!! in some places, it's as cold down south as it is up north....just dont have the snow!! in my county, some folks got over 20 inches of snow......my buddy in Syracuse, NY got over 30 inches!! it may be cold down south, but at least you guys can ride......I would need chains and extra wheels to keep upright!!

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
True it's been "unseasonably cold" here for the last several days and no let up in sight. 17 at my house this morning when I got up. BRRRRRR. Usually dont see those temps until mid-january and then only for a few days.

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
Its, wait for it -- -- 4 here in the Adirondacks right now. I miss the twentys. :(
That's just sad.... I'm determined to ride to work in the morning. "Only" going down to the high 20's tonight, but up to 50 or so during the day.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
4 in the adirondacks, well, thats not bad at all for that part of new york. It can get down to more than 40 below zero there. Thats golden icycle weather, lol. Long Island, however, is more civilized at least as far as weather goes...its been like alabama temperatures this week...17 or so in the am, warming to 38 or so around 2 pm...pretty chilly :cheers:

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I wanted to ride this morn but woke up late and didn't have time to get all my gear on. It was 27 when I left my house. I'll try the next time I leave home. Last year the coldest I remember riding was 17. Want to try and get down into the single digits this year.

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
LOL... That's the worst part. It takes me longer to get dressed than it does to ride to work :)

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
For over aweek it's been in lower teens in the am and only lower to mid 20's by afternoon, but tomorrow it's suppose to hit near 50, so I'll ride to work, it may well be the last ride of the year

·
Registered
424 Posts
True, :hmm2:it can and will go down another 30 degrees or so, but on the up side that's not expected for at least another three to four weeks. Rule of thumb....., when the dog takes a wizz and it sounds like popcorn on a tin pan go back inside and put on another pair of socks and break out the thermals, give the dog a key and show him how to let his own danm self out. That ain't golden icycles.... its golden BB's weather! Brrrrrrrr... (update - we just hit minus 1 as of 11:00pm)
4 in the Adirondacks, well, that's not bad at all for that part of new york. It can get down to more than 40 below zero there. Thats golden icycle weather, lol. Long Island, however, is more civilized at least as far as weather goes...its been like alabama temperatures this week...17 or so in the am, warming to 38 or so around 2 pm...pretty chilly :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts