Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
even some vtx guys are.went to the local toy run.went with a freind with an 1800 and i have a 1300.he seen a guy there with an 1800 like his(2003 C same color).started talking to him and he kept telling us when he hits 90 that's when he shifts into 6th gear.we just looked at each other and let him talk.he mentioned 6th gear 3 times.:hmm2:

·
Darkside Pastor & Addict
4,151 Posts
went to the local toy run.went with a freind with an 1800 and i have a 1300.he seen a guy there with an 1800 like his(2003 C same color).started talking to him and he kept telling us when he hits 90 that's when he shifts into 6th gear.we just looked at each other and let him talk.he mentioned 6th gear 3 times.:hmm2:
Maybe he is counting neutral as one of the gears.:D I'm just askin. :coffee:

Pdave:patriot:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Dang guess 6th came after 03. That or everytime I look for it I miss it. Sure coulda used it on the sturgis ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
bdtaylor1979
35 Posts
I wonder what he was smoking :icon_bong :icon_bong

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
I met a guy like that a few weeks back at a gas station, I was in my truck and he was on his bike. He had a 1300R (C rear fender & wheels) and did all this praising of his bike and if he didn't have it on his bike it was stupid to have: beetle bags, floorboards, R rear fender. He had a outer fairing on the bike, I told him I was putting a full fairing on mine, he says that's not right because radios aren't meant to be on bikes. He approached me that night at bike night, he looked over my bike and I just kept talking to HD guys who were complimenting the bike.

You're right, there are BS'ers riding on X's just like there are some riding on HDs or any other brand of bikes.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
If mine had it I haven't found any reason to use it ! I have went to 5th at around 90 before !:mosh:He must of been hanging around them Harley babies ! You know the if you rub up against s**t you will smell like s**t thingy !:icon_blah

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
Yeah, I guess fools ride all brands of bikes.

I got to say, though, I was at the local Harley shop a couple days ago (it is on the route home), and the folks who run it are extremely nice. Once, when I got caught in an unexpected T-Storm, I pulled in and they insisted I get the VTX under cover of their canopy off the dealership building, next to their outside display. They gave me free coffee and snacks, and were just very kind people. Even like to trade stories about my VTX and their bikes, with no sneering.

·
Registered
882 Posts
even some vtx guys are.went to the local toy run.went with a freind with an 1800 and i have a 1300.he seen a guy there with an 1800 like his(2003 C same color).started talking to him and he kept telling us when he hits 90 that's when he shifts into 6th gear.we just looked at each other and let him talk.he mentioned 6th gear 3 times.:hmm2:

The classic RUB / Weekend rider / Bar stool rider. The kind you find ( in shorts and flip flops) hidding under a bridge instead of riding in the rain.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts