Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to back the x out of the garage and run it for a little while. Then I thought that the the streets are dry, might as well test out my new insulated coveralls, (Merry Christmas to me.)

I maneuvered through the snow and ice on the driveway and went for what had to be the coldest ride of my life. 19 degrees out, sun shining bright, my body was toasty in the new coveralls but I'm pretty sure that if I would have been hit in the nose with a bug, my nose would have shattered. I only rode for about 10 miles but it was great to be out on the bike. Still smiling! Anyone else from the great lakes region venture out today?:choppersm

·
SILVER BULLET
264 Posts
Ah man thats great.... I have been keepin my bike shed shoveled all out. Been thinking about it alot lately. Just haven't did it lol. Good for you though!!! PLUS We've been hit with more lake effect, got about 15" yesterday and 4-5" last night so the roads are pretty sloppy! But I was up visiting my parents today only about 15 miles away and the roads are dry and they only have about 2-3"s on the ground. lol Merry Christmas to you and yours

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
15" holy crap. I wouldn't have ventured out with snow on the streets if I were you either. Merry Christmas to you and yours also! Hope you get a chance to ride soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't feel so dumb now !..I just did the same thing.
I needed to mix in some stabil, and I thought what the heck..It's only snow.

Now the snot is dripping of my nose:bleh:, but it was worth the buzz

I'm glad you enjoyed you ride.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't feel so dumb now !..I just did the same thing.
I needed to mix in some stabil, and I thought what the heck..It's only snow.

Now the snot is dripping of my nose:bleh:, but it was worth the buzz

I'm glad you enjoyed you ride.
Yeah, that's the consequences of ridin in the cold. Snot. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
36 Posts
There is no snow in Lancaster County, PA yet, but it is cold, a high of 32 today. I just finish installing Kwel Metal Risers on my 1300c and adjusting the shifter so that my boots will fit better and I had to go for a ride. The bike was in the garage for about 6 weeks without starting it and it fire right up, like if I just went for a ride yesterday. What a difference with the risers. I am sure I will enjoy my rides better now that I don't have to stretch as much any more. :choppersm

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
I'm with ya bro!! Just got back a few mins ago from delivering a pizza to the wife & her co-workers at the local jail. No ice or snow on the roads, just really frickin' cold!!!

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
I started the ride today did about 10 miles it was 38 and rain though and I said the heck with the toy run I am going home and warm up.

Got a bug at work last week and tonight it is kicking my a$$

·
Registered
133 Posts
Careful, I rode last week in low 30's and my bike runs like crud now! Changed the plugs and am waiting for it to warm up a little to make sure I only fouled the plugs, if not I guess I'll have to richen her up some. Ride her like you stole it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Some of you are much braver than I am. I won't ride if there is a significant chance of rain, or if it has been raining the night before. I also won't ride if the temp dips to below 35.

I love the warmth of the sun and that is why I live in Southern Arizona. LOL

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good thing that bugs do not fly at 19*!!

Good to hear that you got out and about!
I was thinking the same thing about the bugs...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I started the ride today did about 10 miles it was 38 and rain though and I said the heck with the toy run I am going home and warm up.

They do fly Marty, one got Charlie and kicked his a$$
Sorry Charlie :D

Get better soon. Bry:choppersm

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Glad you got a ride, 10 miles are better than none. Wishing you a nice day.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
WOW! I really admire the terrible PMS that makes a ride at 19 degrees a "Good Ride". We in The South ride all year 'round, no PMS here. My wife and I are leaving in an hour for a ride to Alexandria, LA to have a couple of beers and dinner with Swolesgym. It's cool, mid 40's but it'll end up a blazing 58 before we get home. We'll ride about 350 miles and will get back about 8pm.

You guys up yonder hang in there. Warm times are coming.......eventually.:stirpot:

Ride Safe:choppersm

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW! I really admire the terrible PMS that makes a ride at 19 degrees a "Good Ride". We in The South ride all year 'round, no PMS here. My wife and I are leaving in an hour for a ride to Alexandria, LA to have a couple of beers and dinner with Swolesgym. It's cool, mid 40's but it'll end up a blazing 58 before we get home. We'll ride about 350 miles and will get back about 8pm.

You guys up yonder hang in there. Warm times are coming.......eventually.:stirpot:

Ride Safe:choppersm
I'm dreaming of 40 degrees, 58 would be like a tropical heat wave! Ride safe!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
Did about 25 miles today at 40 degrees. The Tourmaster gear, along with 2 pairs of socks, an extra sweater and long johns worked pretty well. I realize that some glove liners would help some, though. The full helmet helps keep the nose from becoming brittle enough to crack, but it doesn't keep the snot from flowing. Can't do anything about it with the shield down, so....let 'er drip. :eek:

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Hope you're feeling better today Charlie!
Posted via Mobile Device

Did about 25 miles today at 40 degrees. The Tourmaster gear, along with 2 pairs of socks, an extra sweater and long johns worked pretty well. I realize that some glove liners would help some, though. The full helmet helps keep the nose from becoming brittle enough to crack, but it doesn't keep the snot from flowing. Can't do anything about it with the shield down, so....let 'er drip. :eek:
A helmet you say...what a good idea, wish I would have thought about that. Left mine in the garage where it usually sits. Maybe a clothes pin for the nose???
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 18 of 18 Posts