Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping for some answers. My nuetral light went out and I thought just a simple replacement of the bulb. When I got to the bulb I saw or it atleast looked to me that the "bulb" was permanetly attached to the circuit board. Is this right? and if so does that mean I have a problem with the switch? I tried to start in gear and it won't so I know that part of the switch is working. Any suggestions or has this happened to anyone else. Thank you in advance

Happy Birdday!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
have you had your tank off? there are two green wire connectors underneath the tank, one of which controls the neutral switch. i have an 05 1300s and can always start my bike in gear.
Bry :choppersm

and happy Bird Day back to ya!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This site is amazing!!! went out and checked the 2 connections one had pulled out some> I wish I would have asked before tearing into the speedo. I should have been more specific bike does start in gear with clutch pulled in, I tried it with out to see if the switch was not working properly. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'm glad i could be some help, RLM Many cafe members have helped me, thats for sure! This site is very very worthwhile and its friendly and fun too. Lots of money and problems can be saved here.
Ride safe
Bry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts