Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some held as this one has me scratching my head. Sometimes when starting the bike, the tripometer is reset. Doesn't always happen. Just once and awhile. Also, when starting sometimes it sounds as if the battery is low when starter first pressed, but will start right up when starter pressed again. Do you think it's the starter or some other electrical problem?

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll tighten down the battery bolts to see if that does the trick before looking at the starter.

Roger..muffler bearings..lol. I'll check them out after I repair the sixth gear. It's not working on mine.

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
Thats some funny [email protected]* there. I was going to say add a 5 gallon bucket of air.
Told a gal at work she needed to change to summer air in her tires yep she went to the tire store and asked them to do it for her.

·
243 Posts
Told a gal at work she needed to change to summer air in her tires yep she went to the tire store and asked them to do it for her.
I did that once and she took it to a service station... the kid at the station changed out the air in her tires and they didn't charge her for it.....

.... although, looking back, the kid probably paid a price in some serious ribbing....:D

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I had the same problem on my Aero when my battery needed replacement. It seems the starter draws the amps down enough to trip the reset (like disconecting battery). Replaced battery and no more problem.

·
Certifiable Member
527 Posts
Yep I would say have the battery checked... Advanced or orileys can do a load test that will tell ya if the battery is getting weak.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Air

I worked at a tire store when younger...use to ask people if the wanted regular air or racing air. racing air if you were going to go over 120mph...people would buy it... :icon_bs:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just had the same problem and sure enough it was the battery. Put a new one in it and haven't had any more problems with that

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. I'm about due for a new battery. When I tightened the bolts today, one of them came through the battery lead. I'll pick one up tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts