Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Notr really sure if it's kosher or not, but does anybody have a favorite site to order OEM parts from? If it matters, I'm looking for the bolt to attach the rear seat to the fender. (a 5mm bolt?)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Try BikeBandit.com They deal with OEM parts and you can look at the parts schematics for your whole bike right on their sight to make sure you are getting the right part. I've used them several times and had good luck so far getting obscure OEM parts for my 84 VT700C Shadow. Good luck! D Day

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked out bikebandit, but if I recall they wanted just as much shipping as the part I am looking for costs.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,234 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yup its true... they have a 8.00$ flat shipping charge and that might be a little stiff for a bolt. probably cost you less to just get one from the local stealer. A SS bolt with a flared head from the local hardware store would do just as well for about .60 cents. When I'm parts hunting OEM stuff for one of the older bikes availability counts more than dealing with shipping cost. Didn't figure that into my suggestion. Good luck, ride safe. D Day

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have been replacing bolts from ACE hardware. They have metric chrome polished just like OEM bolts for about $2.00( depending on size). I replaced both of the black seat bolts (side bolts ) with these and were perfect. Try them out before you try mail order, they are a heel of a lot cheaper!!! good luck

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Plus 1 on the ACE Hardware.
the one here in town also has a good supply of stainless screws.
Most places will charge you shipping and handleing fees, an you can get it at Ace for .49

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
+1 as stated,

Ace is the place...my 1300 c has an acorn nut back there. but still replaceable at Ace. let us know how you make out:choppersm

·
Registered
20 Posts
+1 for ACE. Stealer wanted almost $5 each plus shipping for rear fender/saddle bag bolts. ACE had the identical bolts for $1.25 each and no shipping. Most important was no waiting for shipping. Wonder if ACE carries HJC helmets and Metz tires?

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
+1 for ACE. Stealer wanted almost $5 each plus shipping for rear fender/saddle bag bolts. ACE had the identical bolts for $1.25 each and no shipping. Most important was no waiting for shipping. Wonder if ACE carries HJC helmets and Metz tires?
wow this is awesome!!! i'm so glad you told me that they sold HJC helmets and Metz tires, hope they provide more options, my god, talk about an ace in the hole. :stirpot: i will recommend this to become a sticky:nope:, :icon_bs:
now i will really say Ace is the place...:mosh::harder::spank::hmm2:

ok, Just Kidding, they dont provide more options:nono:.
i've had a crappy day:knockedout:, but got on here, it's all better :icon_smil!!!
Back to reality. :choppersm :patriot:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts