Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son was selected (hand picked with approx 30 other Marines) for his new MOS...He graduated from Basic Training Oct 30th 2009...He has been in school since that time...He was not supposed to finish this "new" training until Feb 2011....

Well he sent a text the other day that the training was going faster than his Command had expected....Basically they were "allowed" to complete the training at thier own pace....

He started his "final" exam on Thursday night and finished early Friday morning....HE PASSED...:)

OORAH....He now has his orders for a Duty Station...

He now says he is "Offically a Marine"....I told him he was one when he received his EGA at the end of the Crucible..

I do not need to tell you guys how proud I am of both my sons....:patriot:

·
Registered
164 Posts
jarheads forever

As a former jarhead who spent some memorable time at "Twenty-nine stumps" years ago, I say OOHRAA! God bless both your sons, and a big thank you for providing me and my family the freedoms we enjoy.:cheers:

·
2,807 Posts
you are a proud father, and we are proud americans to have such great military men (from the bottom to the top) which afford us the freedom (which some may overlook) each and every day. i can tell you that i personally never let a day pass without thought of the bravery being exibited every second by the fine, young, strong, smart and respectful sentries for our dreams.

scooters

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys....Best part is they will both be here for 2 weeks on leave....

Jon got in town last night...

Mike left "Twenty-nine stumps" last night...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats to your son headcase! As someone who has retired from the military, allow me to offer up a bit of advice for your son.

Please tell him to take full advantage of everything the Corps has to offer, including Tuition Assistance while he is on Active Duty. Yes, he will have the GI Bill, but that will go much further if he has already completed some college level courses.

Aside from that, tell him to keep his head on a swivel and have a great time!

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
sons to be proud of...marines or not, they are your pride and joy. be proud.

congrats on two great sons and tell them thanks from west virginia :patriot:

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats to your son headcase! As someone who has retired from the military, allow me to offer up a bit of advice for your son.

Please tell him to take full advantage of everything the Corps has to offer, including Tuition Assistance while he is on Active Duty. Yes, he will have the GI Bill, but that will go much further if he has already completed some college level courses.

Aside from that, tell him to keep his head on a swivel and have a great time!
Big 10-4 on that....

sons to be proud of...marines or not, they are your pride and joy. be proud.

congrats on two great sons and tell them thanks from west virginia :patriot:
Thanks Jimmie...

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
You have raised some great sons to be proud of.
Tell them Thanks from me also.
:patriot::patriot::patriot:

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations and tell them I said thanks for their service.
Will do sir....BTW...Wonder what you think about the possibility of a Northwest M&G or tech session for this this spring or early summer?....

Seems like we are getting a few more members from these parts...

Lots of time, just thought I would "plant the seed"....

You have raised some great sons to be proud of.
Tell them Thanks from me also.
:patriot::patriot::patriot:

Will do...

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
Congrates on a job well done to both of you.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats to you and, thank them for their service:patriot:
Glad you will get to spend CHRISTmas together...

Best part of the entire season....:)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Congratulations in raising 2 young fine Americans who have decided to serve their Country, especially during this time when our Country is at war and with so many servicemembers deployed thru out the world.

As a retired U.S. Army Paratrooper First Sergeant and having a Marine son who did 2 tours in Iraq, I know how you feel and how proud you are of your sons. Remember to remind both of them often how proud you are and what a blessing it is to have both of them at home for Christmas.

We will continue to pray for them and for all our servicemembers serving abroad and stateside.

A mighty hoaah and oorah!

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congratulations in raising 2 young fine Americans who have decided to serve their Country, especially during this time when our Country is at war and with so many servicemembers deployed thru out the world.

As a retired U.S. Army Paratrooper First Sergeant and having a Marine son who did 2 tours in Iraq, I know how you feel and how proud you are of your sons. Remember to remind both of them often how proud you are and what a blessing it is to have both of them at home for Christmas.

We will continue to pray for them and for all our servicemembers serving abroad and stateside.

A mighty hoaah and oorah!
Thank you....You have been down paths that my sons and I have yet to travel....there is not a day that goes by that I do not think about that....

My Army son just walked thru the door about 20 minutes ago....:patriot:

WOW does he look lean and mean..:)...whole new "lingo"...go figure...LOL

He has to explain every little term he says to the women in the house....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts