• Spring

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Fall

Votes: 6 60.0%
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
18,086 Posts
true enough there is plenty of it in the USA But I will bring Tylenol #3 with codene i hear they can fetch a pretty penny in the US or atleast a beer
Well, Steve, the border is finally open again, so as on "The Price Is Right", "COME ON DOWN!"

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
8,327 Posts
Time to work on those tunnels.

·
Registered
18,086 Posts
unfortunatly the boarder is only open for you to come here, we cant go to you
EFFEN NO GOOD*@&#^&@#^@&%#@%#^*(@ goverment
I didn't realize it was'nt reciprocal.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
8,327 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any chance this might happen this year? I think I met a few of you a few years back at Gaston's then crazy busy with work and a move from Illinois to PA. Just brought the VTX back to life and would love to get together with other riders.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
8,327 Posts
Any chance this might happen this year? I think I met a few of you a few years back at Gaston's then crazy busy with work and a move from Illinois to PA. Just brought the VTX back to life and would love to get together with other riders.
Not aware of any gatherings this year. Since covid came it ended all the yearly events. Tech sessions are rare now with most the work to be done already done.

·
Registered
18,086 Posts
Where in Pa.? I'm sure if Bruce gets something going, a bunch of us would be there. The Welch, W. Va. ride, or at least a gathering, is still happening the 3rd weekend of July, but the organizer, from last reports, isn't in good health. Great riding to/from there. Count Gilu is where most are staying now. If booked up, there's the 'lesser quality' Pocahontas motel.

·
Registered
872 Posts
there is going to be a gathering in Tennesse Aug 6-7 at Tim and thysa Skofields. Tim opened a site on facebook called (Skofield meet and ride and eat thing )

·
Fastest Red Club Member
8,327 Posts
there is going to be a gathering in Tennesse Aug 6-7 at Tim and thysa Skofields. Tim opened a site on facebook called (Skofield meet and ride and eat thing )
My understanding that is a friends only event not the whole world. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
18,086 Posts
My understanding that is a friends only event not the whole world. I could be wrong though.
I've met & been with them on a few occasions, but thats a little out of my range for travel. Welch really stretches me. Columbus & Marysville were nice, kinda perfect for me around 5 to 6 hrs. Fredericksburg fit the bill nicely too. Zanesville, Canton, both less than 4 hrs. for me. I won't be doing many more rides in the future. It's not just me either, I can't leave the wife for more than a couple days.

• Sad
Reactions: IndyX

·
Fastest Red Club Member
8,327 Posts
I've met & been with them on a few occasions, but thats a little out of my range for travel. Welch really stretches me. Columbus & Marysville were nice, kinda perfect for me around 5 to 6 hrs. Fredericksburg fit the bill nicely too. Zanesville, Canton, both less than 4 hrs. for me. I won't be doing many more rides in the future. It's not just me either, I can't leave the wife for more than a couple days.
I'm sure you'd be just as welcome on four wheels if more Ohio events happen. I understand the distance though I'm looking at 5+ hours for riding to TN with fuel stops.

·
Registered
872 Posts
yes it is a friends of type event but there are alot of friends out there. Is it not true that if you go to an event and are intruduced by one friend to another friend you now become a friend?
If you know our group that is how we all role.

·
Registered
18,086 Posts
I'm sure you'd be just as welcome on four wheels if more Ohio events happen. I understand the distance though I'm looking at 5+ hours for riding to TN with fuel stops.
I'm talking myself into selling the bike after this year. I saw the contractor fella who worked on my house a couple times, and was really interested in the bike. He told me Fri. nt. that he was getting a $1,000/ mo. "raise". His youngest kid graduated last month, and his support payments ended!

·
WTF, Over!
8,486 Posts
I'm talking myself into selling the bike after this year. I saw the contractor fella who worked on my house a couple times, and was really interested in the bike. He told me Fri. nt. that he was getting a $1,000/ mo. "raise". His youngest kid graduated last month, and his support payments ended!
Wait a minute Fran...I sold my VTX (Well, I have the money, just waiting for th guy to pick it up...), but bought another. You going to still hang out and ride with us?

·
Registered
18,086 Posts
Wait a minute Fran...I sold my VTX (Well, I have the money, just waiting for th guy to pick it up...), but bought another. You going to still hang out and ride with us?
You'll not get rid of me that easy, Norm. With my wife's Parkinson's slowly deteriorating, and no family around to help, I can't take off and go places like I used to. You & Charlie should ride up here for a day ride, and we could have a nice lunch somewhere, and maybe I could actually show you guys some Johnstown scenery.

Reactions: mechajob and IndyX
41 - 59 of 59 Posts