Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ohio has decided that Speed Camera's .. the portable ones (Hand Held) can be used by local and state police .. and used at on-ramps and overpasses...

and you get a speeding ticket in the mail.... FYI...

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,408 Posts
Might be time to buy one of them license plate covers that doesn't allow a clear photo of the numbers beneath it. (I actually wonder if those work or not, seems like they would. Anybody know for sure?)

·
Whatever...
721 Posts
It seems to me that the PD has to prove that YOU were the one speeding, and not the guy/gal that you lent your bike and jacket to. That's kind of the point behind the request for your license and registration in a traffic stop. If you were to challenge the citation, it seems to me that it could be difficult for them to prove that it was YOU, if the rider were wearing a full face helmet... It also might be difficult for them to produce a witness to the alleged infraction.

Someone stole my motorcycle, and later I found it, so I didn't bother filing a police report...

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,408 Posts
Someone stole my motorcycle, and later I found it, so I didn't bother filing a police report...
Not sure this defense would work... I mean it makes sense, but I don't know... I'd rather come up with a name... I'd say "Ironmk had my bike out for a ride...he's the one that was speeding, Officer"

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Not sure this defense would work... I mean it makes sense, but I don't know... I'd rather come up with a name... I'd say "Ironmk had my bike out for a ride...he's the one that was speeding, Officer"
I love you too Spoiler!! :swoon:

·
Premium Member
10,103 Posts
Everybody needs more money from us.

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a day off work,
parking fees
spend half of the day in court.
continuance
a second day off work,
parking fees

and since no one else uses my vehicles...
paying ticket AND court costs AND parking fees AND loss of 2 days pay..
just a point.. I did NOT get a photo speeding ticket..
but last month I did get pulled over for speeding out of a small town... 45 in a 35.. I was accelerating to the 45 mph sign
and this is my first ticket in 25 years... even the police officer said..." I hate to do this" with a great record.. BUT......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts