Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So noticed a small amount of oil on the front jug on the left side. was oozing down from right in the middle front jug wrapping around to the left side. really hard to see up there with the radiator. Any ideas where I leaking?

Thanks much

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hard to tell from the pic. Could be coming from the top of the cylinder head cover like mine is in the pics below. Need more angles. Might wanna pull the tank to get better view. Or in the middle where the cylinder head meets the cylinder maybe? I don't think mine is a huge deal. It has never leaked anywhere lower than where it is. It's been like that for years and never loses oil. It would be a huge job to fix it (reapply gaskets by pulling engine) so I just watch it . Sorry about all the pics

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
BTW, IDk how that last picture just stays like that where it ran down and nothing else leaks. It seemed it ran down and stayed there forever. But, you would think it would get worse over time. In other words I could take pictures a few months from now and it will look the same and not any worse

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah mine is not staying the same. That all happened over about 3 weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts