Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
F rider
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So have any of you guys put an oil temp gauge on your 1800. I want to put one on mine and I am looking for any suggestions on brands, models, and ease of installation from anyone who has. As usual, thanks in advance! :cheers:

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
They sell a oil temp dipstick that works well, and all you do is screw it in, in place of your stock dipstick... how easy is that, even someone from WV could probably do that...

Spoiler

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
They sell a oil temp dipstick that works well, and all you do is screw it in, in place of your stock dipstick... how easy is that, even someone from WV could probably do that...

Spoiler
Yep even I figured out how to put mine in!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have one that came on the bike when I got it......mine has a screw in adapter that fits in place of the stock stick then it screws into that.

What is the normal temp to see......on hot days mine goes up to about 200?

·
F rider
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have one that came on the bike when I got it......mine has a screw in adapter that fits in place of the stock stick then it screws into that.

What is the normal temp to see......on hot days mine goes up to about 200?
Not sure, I would think somewhere in the 190-210 range. I know mine got so hot the other day it wasn't comfortable to rest my leg against the breather.

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Hey wassup, you might want to think about coming to the Meet/tech session. You not that far away from West Memphis

·
Registered
912 Posts
Not sure, I would think somewhere in the 190-210 range. I know mine got so hot the other day it wasn't comfortable to rest my leg against the breather.
Spoiler,has a dip stick post click on it ,they tell you what temp. you should be running.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
This time of year with temps running in the mid-high 90s, my temp stick runs between 200-205. Last August riding from OK to Childress, TX the bank temps were showing 105-107. My oil temp got up to 220:icon_yike That's as high as I've ever seen it.

Ride Safe:choppersm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts