Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK POST'em up fellas "i want to see your compression test #'s is 150psi too High"

Trying to get to the bottom of the issue i am having where Honda manual says 95psi is normal, however, i got 150psi in front and 145psi in rear (with 2 gauge sets). what have you guys gotten from your tests?

scooter

·
Registered
743 Posts
Sounds like the decompressors aren't working, or someone removed them. Any starting or running issues?

·
I do!!! n' Lovin' it!!!
478 Posts
Jerry has posted 1 post minimum an hour since he signed up in Oct 2008!!! Dedication..........Man you have it!!! :mosh::patriot:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Sounds like the decompressors aren't working, or someone removed them. Any starting or running issues?

Yeah he's having running problems. But I think he's had the bike since new. 11k now. I figured also that the decompressors weren't active when these comp. tests were done. The only thing the manual says if the readings are high is carbon has built up on the pistons. That would have to be a lot of carbon don't you think??

Said he was about 200 miles into the trip to Bassdude's for tech session and at highway speed engine changed tone and didn't run the same after that. There's a whole thread in the shop section. check it out.

·
Registered
743 Posts
That would be a lot of carbon. Last time I checked compression, it was low. The decomp lobes were stuck "active".

·
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pulled one plug inserted the gauge and cracked the engine with ignition unplugged as per both manuals, both stated normal should be 95psi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts