Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have been a member years ago.

Still riding the old '04 X. Bought her new in the spring of '05 with a big goose egg on the odometer. Now she's somewhere north of 136K. She's still as faithful as always. Only been in the shop for one major repair, burnt out the stator back in '10. Otherwise, I cleaned up the carb a couple times, new tires, brakes & oil. That's about it. I've had her in all 48 contiguous states and 2 Canadian Provinces; Atlantic to Pacific to Gulf; as far East, South & West in the 48... gotta get to the Northernmost when they reopoen the border {gotta go into Canada to get there}; and from Sea Level to the top of Pike's Peak. No pix on the tablet but I'll post one when I remember. Oh... She's a 2004 1300S. Spokes are a bitch to clean but I like the old school look.

I wonder... how many people are still riding the X? She's been out of production for a long time; but, then again, they do seem to last.

Mike
aka RidgeRnr

·
FREEBIRD
8,314 Posts
A traveler, I see. I too, have gone 'chrome', although my new ride is blacked out. Lol Where have you been in the Great White North? You obviously have Alaska on your bucket list. BC is incredible, if you have the time to explore. Alaska is more of the same. Mindblowing is the word that comes to mind. I took a flight up to the Yukon about 25 years ago and it is still very fresh in my mind. I imagine the places I saw haven't changed one single bit since then. Maybe once I retire, I'll have the time to bike across the country and see it again. 😁 A man's gotta dream.

·
Registered
2005 VTX 1800F2 w/240 Phat Tire
241 Posts
born in Albany NY, lived there until I was about 7. that is as far north/north east as I have been. Father was recruited by North American Aerospace (which became Rockwell) for the Gemini and Apolio missions, so we settled in Southern California.

I've been to 29 of our 50 states, but I'm not a traveling man, just turned 50 a few months ago and have spent the last 17 years raising a family. maybe in 4-5 years when the kid graduates college I will have time to think about me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts