201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #201

·
FREEBIRD
7,437 Posts
Mine lugs HUGE if I'm in too high of gear. It's not like the X at all. This bike bucks like a bronco. Loves to rev high. Doesn't even like blipping the throttle...it requires smooth, controlled twisting of the throttle when downshifting. Tonnes of power, but VERY finicky.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Mine lugs HUGE if I'm in too high of gear. It's not like the X at all. This bike bucks like a bronco. Loves to rev high. Doesn't even like blipping the throttle...it requires smooth, controlled twisting of the throttle when downshifting. Tonnes of power, but VERY finicky.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about. That is stock tune.
This new to me tune is way better. More like the VTX.
I need more time with it obviously but I was very surprised how smooth it was this morning. Now granted I've been running plugs in bad shape but I think it's mostly just the change of tune.

·
FREEBIRD
7,437 Posts
When I bought the tri-oval exhaust, it came with a high flow filter and a factory ECM flash. I swapped the pipes and the dealer installed the filter and flashed the ECM. I've never been completely happy with the results, so I may have to pick your brain someday about this.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
When I bought the tri-oval exhaust, it came with a high flow filter and a factory ECM flash. I swapped the pipes and the dealer installed the filter and flashed the ECM. I've never been completely happy with the results, so I may have to pick your brain someday about this.
It's hard to explain without you knowing the software but the "performance" tune is crap. It's barely more than stock with the same issues like the too lean idle that makes it jumpy.

I feel like they purposely put garbage tune on the bikes. They do same with Indian. To make it even more crazy every engine has a different tune. It's physically the same and most companies like Honda use a generic tune for all engines. Not Polaris.

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
A bike trip to Maine might be in my future so it's possible.
I might be able to help there with things to see & do, places to stay.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
I might be able to help there with things to see & do, places to stay.
Ocean and lobster. That's all that matters about Maine. :)

·
Registered
16,045 Posts

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
IMG_20190608_182322.jpg

Tiny little pins for a tiny little waterproof plug.
The male to my bikes female GPS connection.
I can't find my wire spool of RadioShack wire so I'll have to visit Lowe's.

I'll update when things come together.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
IMG_20190609_150904.jpg

It's so pretty.
TomTom GPS power wire and a mini jack connection.

The mini jack goes down to a Bluetooth adapter which the TomTom audio connects to. The GPS lady can then interrupt my tunes for directions playing through the bike speakers.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
IMG_20190621_150228.jpg

Now there are two...

Left one just has power wires with no fancy long GPS wiring and I'll probably end up selling it. I only need one but bought parts for two.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Went to change brake fluid on bike. Check right side bleeder 10mm too big. Go grab 8mm and get all the stuff out ready to go. Start on left side per manual and wrench too small. Went through 3 wrenches before realizing left and right are different size bleeders. 🤦‍♂️🤬

Brakes did not get bled tonight. Need more fluid. ABS has a lot of extra lines. Fluid goes from handlebar to rear of bike brake module and back to front brake calipers.
VTX I can flush front and rear with a pint...

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Installed speed bleeders and ran a lot of fluid through so all nice and clear now.
I still needed to use the "zip tie trick" to get lever right.
Haven't had time to test ride yet. That should happen today.

Attachments

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Do not drink that. Trust me. It won't act like a brake pedal in your gut. More like a gas pedal. Lol
A lot of clear went into that as I was wanting it flushed out well. It was a lot darker. 😞😲

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
On call this weekend. Driver broke down.
Rode bike to work.
Brakes working. Haha.
I was woke up with the call so far 3 hours of my day for this. Gonna switch driver to another truck when tow truck finally gets here...

Attachments

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Finally ran my wiring. Homemade GPS connector matching factory running power to GPS with mini jack for audio. Audio cable running down to hard lower. Bluetooth audio adapter gets the GPS audio in lower. If I can find one that I can rely on to turn on when it gets power then I'd move it up into fairing. This adapter has a battery but I'll keep it plugged in during use anyway.
Most GPS made now don't have a hard wire for audio so this is the work around.

Attachments

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
I despise wiring. I'm shocked I even attempted the internal wiring on my X. Lol
Well you need my handy harness that clicks right on the factory connector. 😀

201 - 220 of 247 Posts