Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got some new Riding Pants, nylon, and i hop on my bike for the first time today with them on and and they melted to the exhaust, any ideas on how to get it off without messing up the chrome?:banghead:

·
His Excellency
617 Posts
Several threads on here about this very thing. Easy Off oven cleaner is what most swear by on removing stuff melted to the pipes.

·
High-Tech *******
1,039 Posts
Ez-off, wd-40, Mr. Clean magic eraser. All proven ways to clean 'em up. I'd warm the pipes up a little before though to make it easier.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
you've heard it, Easy Off oven cleaner. if the pipes are a little warm, better. dont ask me how i know about this. but i've done extensive research.
oh yeah, when i say the pipes a little warm best, remember, dont you leave your skin on the pipes!!! but if you do, easy off removes that too!!!:D
dont sweat it, keep riding, enjoy:choppersm

·
Registered
66 Posts
EZ off works great, but be carefull not to get overspray on painted surfaces like the frame. It will sure take the gloss off the paint. Don't ask me how I discovered this :)

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Warm the pipes up for a couple minutes and use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

Don't bother with Oven Cleaner, its too much trouble and risk of getting on the paint.. WD40 works, but takes too much time.

I'm telling you. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on Warm (not hot) pipes is just WAY too easy to try anything else. I keep one on my bike, specifically to show people how easy it is.. I even burn crap ONTO my pipes just to show people... It is SERIOUSLY that easy.

-Gonz

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
.... I even burn crap ONTO my pipes just to show people... It is SERIOUSLY that easy....-Gonz
Maybe at the next M&G, we can let the gang all melt something onto your pipes so that we can get a demo... :D

I'm excited..

Thanks,

Spoiler

1 - 10 of 10 Posts