Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 vtx 1300c. I have the pearl white, which I love, but last year the bike fell over in the trailer and has a crease in the side of the tank. I finally have the money to get it fixed, but i can't find the paint code anywhere. I was just wondering if anyone might know what it might be? Thanks yall

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have a 2007 vtx 1300c. I have the pearl white, which I love, but last year the bike fell over in the trailer and has a crease in the side of the tank. I finally have the money to get it fixed, but i can't find the paint code anywhere. I was just wondering if anyone might know what it might be? Thanks yall

This is a post from another member, it should help you

The paint code is on a little sticker on the frame behind the left sidecover...

As far as where to get paint, I'm not sure...Lots of guys use www.colorrite.com Good stuff, but very expensive through them...I need to do some paintwork on my ride when riding season is over this year...I'm gonna try a Sherwin Williams outlet in my area and see how that goes first...

credit to Bassdude :mosh:

·
Registered
7,114 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
here ya go brudda

NH452M Pearl Alpine White

PPG cant match it, sherwin williams cant match it. options are color rite or U.S. Paint. color rite paint seems to be more user friendly as far as using reducers and clears that arent theirs, not sure on US paint, only used their chemicals with their colors

·
Registered
66 Posts
Im a painter and ive had a customer come to me with some parts and some paint that they bought, with intentions of them painting it themselves. First of all color rite matches for chit. (keeping it clean) When you have a color like a white pearl, its not an easy color to work with. It is a 3 stage paint with a base of solid white followed by the mid, or pearl coat and then the clear. If you want your X to look as sweet as it did before take it to a reputable body shop. They can match the color.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts