Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just finished removing the PAIR valve and doing the de-smog (thanks Bare and VTX-Parts.com). Then, while everything was taken apart, I went ahead and did the ground fix (thanks VTXCafe). You know, there was no power difference as far as I could tell, but man it's like riding a whole new bike! :mosh:
It doesn't miss at lower speeds, no decel popping. This is good stuff. I still can't believe that the assembly line folks in Ohio tried to ground the bike over painted steel. That's one heck of a miscommunication... :nope:
Anyhow, if you haven't already done these mods, you really should. Oh, and don't be lazy like me. Just remove the tank and set it aside instead of trying to use an 8" extension to prop it up. I got lucky but it almost fell off the bike when I started cranking on a seized bolt.. :eek:
And when you take the retaining bolt out of the rear of the tank, don't drop and subsequently lose one of the rubber washers off the tank - just sayin...:banghead:

·
Sarge
643 Posts
+1 on get it done if you haven't already! I couldn't believe the difference in the look and the sound!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
You came, you saw and you conquered. It doesn't get to feeling better than that. You even learned enough to pass on to others a warning about the tank. Sounds like a great day learning your bike to me. Kudo's sir!!!!!

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more about the tank. I've used everything from a ball peen hammer to suspending it from an overhead clamp with nylon string. It's so much easier just to remove it and not worry about dropping it and making more problems. Good job!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm debating doing the pair valve mod on my 08 1800n but I was wondering how does it make it look better?

I have road burner pipes on mine that were on there when I bought it used. It pops a little on decel but not horrible. Thats why I'm on the fence. Im thinking by the "if its not broke don't fix it's theory. I really also don't want to start tearing into the bike to find out the previous owner had already done the mod. Is there any easy way to tell without taking the tank off and everything?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts