Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,178 Posts

·
Registered
18,247 Posts
Anyone have a template for making your own pair valve blocking plate for the 1300?
Take the stock cover off, use a sharpie to trace the outline and mark the holes, and cut/ drill your own. Shouldn't take that long. But most of us wouldn't bother, and just pay to have them sent to us, as they are made in bulk.

·
Super Moderator
12,178 Posts
If you do as PaXman11 describes, make sure of two things - 1) The metal used is thick enough to accept the hole that should be drilled to make the dimples to accept the protruding reed valve screw/rivet and 2) That you properly locate the dimple. I am not certain but I would think that 1/4" thick metal would be needed and that the dimple should be 1/8" deep.

·
Registered
18,247 Posts
If you do as PaXman11 describes, make sure of two things - 1) The metal used is thick enough to accept the hole that should be drilled to make the dimples to accept the protruding reed valve screw/rivet and 2) That you properly locate the dimple. I am not certain but I would think that 1/4" thick metal would be needed and that the dimple should be 1/8" deep.
Measure twice, cut once. That always applies. 😎

Reactions: Wayfarer
1 - 5 of 5 Posts