Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, call me a bit of a worry wart. Last week I did the pair valve removal on my 1800r and was just now going back through bareasschoppers instructions. Scrolling through the instructions I noticed once the reed valve was taken off there's parts under the valve that were supposed to be removed labeled 1 to 4. Well..... I never removed those at all. I just put the plates in and snugged them down super tight and went on with the reassemble steps. I started the bike and can definitely tell the bike is breathing by the slight sound of air being sucked into the oem air housing. My question is for anyone who has done the removal..... Do you hear the same thing? Or do you think I really need to go back and pull parts 2 and 3 as shown in the instructions on the page?

·
Registered
96 Posts
It depends on the block off plates you put on. If you put on Biglry and Bones' dimpled plates you don't need to do any of the parts removal. Did you use the RVT sealant? I put an aftermarket air filter on my X and you can definitely hear air sucking.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the dimpled plates, a little rtv sealant on the vacuum cap, followed everything 2 the "t" but didnt pull parts 2 and 3 per biglrys instructions. Just seems odd it sucks so much air. I've never had a bike do that but then again most bikes I've had I've kept mainly stock.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think you are perfectly fine. When I took mine off and installed the big air kit from barons, the sucking worried me a bit, but everything was fine. thats just the motor not diverting the air away anymore. another thing i might suggest next time you have her torn down, the hose that everyone says cap off or put a screw in, i traced back to almost dead center of the bike and it was just connected to a main line by a T connector, I pulled the hose and the connector and put a straight connector in, $.67 from pep boys. I liked this a little bit better for the fact that I didn't have a stray hose and I could be sure the seal was tight.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I think you are perfectly fine. When I took mine off and installed the big air kit from barons, the sucking worried me a bit, but everything was fine. thats just the motor not diverting the air away anymore. another thing i might suggest next time you have her torn down, the hose that everyone says cap off or put a screw in, i traced back to almost dead center of the bike and it was just connected to a main line by a T connector, I pulled the hose and the connector and put a straight connector in, $.67 from pep boys. I liked this a little bit better for the fact that I didn't have a stray hose and I could be sure the seal was tight.
That's a very good idea, replacing the capped off hose and t connector with a straight connector. I'm doing that today. Thanks :D
Bry

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might try the t connector myself. What I did was cut a remaining hose in half, took one of the left over screws and but a little rtv on it and screwed it down into the vacuum hose I cut in half. I'm ordering some chrome side covers and maybe upgrading my spark wires and plugs next week so that along with the ...t... Connector will be on next wks to do list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts