Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on doing the PAIR Valve removal, Airbox decap and Scar Mod soon. (I also will be installing Glenn's PERMANENT MOUNT A/F SCREW)

I read under Scar's mod not to do the PAIR Valve removal and his mod simultaneously due to possibly missing a step or two during the PVR. ("...it is common while working with the PAIR removal to "miss" something in the process and have an open vacuum line or "other" air leak)

I planned on doing the PVR up through the reassembly section and then starting on Scar's mod.

Does anyone have any experience doing all of these in one session? What order did you use? Any general recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
We don't recommend doing all three at the same time because some have done more than one and it makes it hare to figure out where the problem is if something is not done right. (some have problems with wrenches ans some don't). As far as the par valve leave all hoses connected to the par valve and install the block-off plates and plug then plug the hole where it was plugged to the back of the air box and also plug the T where it went to the par-valve.

·
AIRBORNE
5,567 Posts
If you remove the tank and do one of the tasks at a time you won't havew any problems!

Do all of the task except the tank! Finish one and then do the other. The decap is easy. Bassdude has some photos on here! My is so easy to get off now!
Just take your time, after all it is all dealing with air! :patriot:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hmm, was planning the same thing - PAIR removal, decap and SCAR. Have pipes backordered, so will not be doing anything to the pipes yet. Is that a problem? Also, though I read somewhere that doing the SCAR without changing the airbox (decap or heavier breathing airbox combo) was not good - is that correct?

·
Young and reXless
24 Posts
I did all 3 plus I did my valves at the same time as well, just take your time (I took 2 nights after work) My bike cranked right up and runs like a new machine! its great!!

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Hmm, was planning the same thing - PAIR removal, decap and SCAR. Have pipes backordered, so will not be doing anything to the pipes yet. Is that a problem? Also, though I read somewhere that doing the SCAR without changing the airbox (decap or heavier breathing airbox combo) was not good - is that correct?
You can do all but I'd go with the 3 clip and when you get the pipes change it to the 4th clip. and install the 58, 210 or 215
A/f at 2 turns

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So just to be safe I just did the PAIR Valve removal http://tech.bareasschoppers.com/engine/vtx-1300-desmog/ and added Glenn's Permanent A/F adapter. I then put the tank and seat on and rode for a bit. The instructions could not have been easier. The only thing that stumped me for a bit was the removal of the vacuum hose from the PAIR valve. On my 2008 1300C the vacuum hose is underneath the PAIR valve and not on top like the pic. in the instructions. Luckily I invested in the service manual (Thank you VTX Cafe members:mosh:)

Tomorrow I will finish the rest of the mods. For anyone wanting to do the PAIR Valve mod but may have some hesitation; just do it! Take your time, read the instructions carefully a couple of times before you start, buy the service manual, and take your time. These folks know what they are talking about:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts