Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you use electronic "log books" or PDA's with logs to keep track of mileage, maintenance, etc? If so, what software are you using.

Thanks in advance! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh well. I like the idea of keeping maint. records, gas mileage records, etc., in one place.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I use a PDA for many things, I keep notes in the note section, schedule in the calendar section... They down load to my PC using "MS Office Outlook."

I do not use it for the bike records though... Seems it would work - everything in Outlook will down load or upload to either device.

With the new cell phones out now I will probably stop using my PDA at some point... it is a few years old and will need to up-grade at some point... so I will probably combine the two into one...

Jim:coffee:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When my LifeDrive died, I went to the Palm Centro, so my PDA and phone are one and the same.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
837 Posts
When my LifeDrive died, I went to the Palm Centro, so my PDA and phone are one and the same.

Thanks for the response.
Yeah I understand - I never was much for the Palm, I had always used the HP PDA's made it easy for me with my Outlook...

Jim

·
Registered
286 Posts
I found this on the Goldwing site. It is an Excel spreadsheet. I modified the first page for my VTX so far and have to work on the other pages still. I attached both the wingman and my version I am in the process of converting. Ok would not let me upload and excel file. If you want to pm me your email I will email it to you. It is pretty good and when you plug in the mileage when you change things it tells you when next maintenance is due.

·
Registered
446 Posts
piece of paper stuck inside my vtx shop manual with
notes from day one.im techno challenged and old--
irv

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
When I purchased my "X" new I was automatically enrolled in HRCA and established an on-line acct. I'm able to make payments etc, and there's a place in there to record all service and maintenance with descriptions and costs & mileage. I use it exclusively to record all my maint & service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts