Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
C'MON THE HOOPS
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pep Boys ad today says they are selling champion plugs for $1.50 each, and there is a $1.50 mail in rebate. That means Free after mailing in the rebate stuff. So if you need some plugs or just want to have a couple on hand, there's an option. Good timing for me since I have to pick up my winterizing stuff anyhow...
And I believe it goes all weekend, so you don't have to be a "Doorbuster."

·
C'MON THE HOOPS
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I"m running the RA8HC, along with a bunch of other Cafe members. I first heard it from Charlie, so he gets the credit. :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Thanks a lot. My bike is running perfect, but its about time to change and i was wondering how the champs are compared to the nd or ngk plugs. I know Charlie is a guru with the X :D

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
Stock plugs lasted me a few 1000 and would foul went with the champs and got twice the life then I dove into the carb and learned everything I could about it then set it up the way I thought it should be.

The set of champs I am running now have been in the bike for close to 40,000 miles and still look nice.

So bottom line is if you have plug problems of any kind it is due to the carb being set wrong.

·
C'MON THE HOOPS
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Charlie. I've gone through a couple sets between learning about the choke, and learning from you and others about properly setting the carb. Think I've got it now, so I should be able to go a long while without fouling another set. :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Stock plugs lasted me a few 1000 and would foul went with the champs and got twice the life then I dove into the carb and learned everything I could about it then set it up the way I thought it should be.

The set of champs I am running now have been in the bike for close to 40,000 miles and still look nice.

So bottom line is if you have plug problems of any kind it is due to the carb being set wrong.
Charlie, thats just what i wanted to hear. I know my carb is set right because i followed your instructions to the T. I went down to pepboys to get some champs, but they are closed, will go back tomorrow for them. Pepboys does have a good deal, basically if i send in the rebate, the plugs are free, cant get a better deal than that, hardly.
thanks guys
Bry :choppersm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts