Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at mounts for my phone and have tried a couple different 1's. I talked to a buddy and he recommended ROKFORM . I ordered from them and put the mount on my bike looks great and really holds my phone "rok" solid. I made a mistake on my order and they fixed it without question. Looks like these are all made in the USA. Great product. I now have one for all three of my bikes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
They have very limited choices. Either iPhone or Samsung. Nothing else. I don't have either one of these phones. Plus I don't like that you have to use their case. Also, this system is extremely expensive.

Ram mount is cheaper and more versatile IMO

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a photo of the mount. I have the case for my samsung, it twists and locks into place and held extra secure by a magnet. You can get an adapter that will fit on most cases. I did that for one of my sons. It works great and holds solid. They are more expensive but I like the streamlined build and how secure it is. Also that it's made in USA.

Attachments

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,196 Posts
Mount is very expensive and not sure that I'd trust it with all the shaking on a bike. I think it's a cool idea though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mount is very expensive and not sure that I'd trust it with all the shaking on a bike. I think it's a cool idea though.
I've put a few hundred miles on not so good back roads and while turning around on a muddy side road slipped and dropped the bike phone stayed locked in place. They also provide a lanyard that will attach to the handle bar for added security. I agree it is expensive, but I waited for a sale and got a better deal. I think money well spent.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,196 Posts
If you happy with it that's all that matters. I like that the mount is a little thinner than RAM style when object removed.

·
Super Moderator
5,437 Posts
They have very limited choices. Either iPhone or Samsung. Nothing else. I don't have either one of these phones. Plus I don't like that you have to use their case. Also, this system is extremely expensive.

Ram mount is cheaper and more versatile IMO

Over 15,000 miles over the last 3 years with the RAM mount and Samsung running Maps program and never even a movement in all that time. I am a RAM mount fan!!!!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts

Perfect squeeze.
Low, unobtrusive, solid machined and I can shake the bike with the phone when it's in it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts