Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out early this morning and managed a 180 mile round trip to the end of Long Island, Montauk Point. It's lighthouse was the first built in the US on a commission by President George Washington. Montauk is popular for excellent fishing, and Frank Mundus, who was the shark fisherman Quint in the Jawsmovie, chartered shark fishing trips there for at least 20 years, catching a world record great white shark weighing over 3,500 pounds. Teddy Roosevelt also trained with his cavalry battalion of "Rough Riders" in Montauk before heading to Cuba in the Spanish American war. It was a fun ride, but rode home with 30 plus mile an hour crosswinds, lots of pollen and dust in my eyes the result. I think it was well worth it. :D Bry

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
years ago, i used to make deliveries there! i used to drive for A & P Stores out of Paterson, NJ, and then went over to another outfit that was based in Secaucus, NJ that would deliver to Fayva and Thom McAn shoes. nice area, used to be a nice ride to there and also Bridgehampton.
:coffee:thanks for pics :patriot:

·
Registered
682 Posts
It's really beautiful out there. My buddy had a vacation house on Montauk Lake that we went to every weekend. Thanks for the pics... brings back memories.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Great pics...thanks for sharing them.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thanks for the great pics. It is fun to see pictures of other parts of the country. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Very nice thanks for sharing.Green lots &lots of green,oh how i miss the ''green''.

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
i used to deliver to marshalls stores all over the island...and many people would be surprised at how peaceful and tranquil it is on the eastern quarter of the island...very pretty scenery and countryside

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
as some of you have remembered, Long Island is really two separate parts. The western part contains Brooklyn, Queens, and Nassau, the Eastern part contains some of the prettiest sea coast on the east, much of it similar to the outter banks. Enjoy the weekend :mosh: Bry

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Awesome, a new place to put on my Bucket List. Great pics.:patriot:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts