Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Ive used pirellis on other bikes. They handle great, but last maybe half as long as most other tires, very short tread life..

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Ive used pirellis on other bikes. They handle great, but last maybe half as long as most other tires, very short tread life..
At 40% off, I might have gotten 2 front tires since I'm probably going Darkside in the spring.. But they dont have 140-80-17's.. so back to Dunlops for me ($78 for the front).

-Gonz

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
you can get the 150 in the front, dont have to stick to the 140. i have an R and i've got a 150.....not sure what their site shows for available sizes

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Well the 140 would be off, and the 80 would be off... Obviously, you would have to stay with the 17, but.. how far off can both the other numbers be?

Stock is 140-80-17

I know the 17 cant change, but how far off can both the first numbers can be?

-Gonz

hmm.... 140-75-17

Same price as a Dunlop after the discount.

If its not going to be any cheaper for me to try, I think Ill stick with whats been working for me for over 70k miles. Dunlops.

-Gonz

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
i am running a venum 150-80R17 --- this way you will have front and back radial tire once dark side rolls around :)

btw, i have now 18k on my front and its almost to the wear bar on the front tire...i've been realy happy with the venum.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
that is correct, but why go smaller? i wouldnt want the front to drop, i know its only 14mm or about 0.5", still go larger,not smaller.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
so what pirelli tire did you get?

anyone else out there that has used a pirelli? i need a front tire, it just dawned upon me when i went to look at the size for gonzo......maybe i will try a rear tire on the front backwards...:hmm2:

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
I'm running the Night Dragon on the front of my 1800. It was taller and wider, but still fit so it's been on for a while, no complaints. Unfortunately they don't have much in the way of my rear unless I go 240... which I am debating as we speak.

Mort

·
Registered
118 Posts
Its only an additonal 10% off the price you see in the cart, for a total of 42% off MSRP. Still not a terrible price though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts