Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a chance - have been offered first chance - there are about 5 buyers in line for this bike. I don't need it, can't afford it right now • but I really want it.

I have not seen the bike - 550 miles away but a trusted friend got me into this opportunity for death. He knows the owner and has ridden the bike. He wants it but just can't swing it right now - between jobs. He says it is a peach.

1999 Valkyrie - from what I have been told owner is a meticulous and anal owner. Bike has 3900 miles on it.

He is asking $6900.00 for the bike.

Everyone please tell me I don't need this bike. Tell me it is a waste of money.

No, really - what does everyone think? Is this a feasable price for this bike? Have wanted a Valk ever since I started reading about them. Been aboard one and rode and performed like a dream.

If I buy this my wife will kill me, so it will be up for sale again soon ..

·
Registered
491 Posts
You definately do not need that big tug! It is too much to spend on that bike. Those Valkyries are way overrated, and over priced. Just put it out of your head......Now, what is the guy's number where he can be reached at?

·
El Chupacabra Lives!
5,687 Posts
You don't need the thing - hold out for a Rune.....

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
That's a pretty old picture of the bike. U sure it still looks like that? And trust your wife, I'm sure she will give you the answer you should go by, not ours... :harder:

·
High-Tech *******
1,039 Posts
Hell, buy it. It's only money. :stirpot:

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a pretty old picture of the bike. U sure it still looks like that? And trust your wife, I'm sure she will give you the answer you should go by, not ours... :harder:
Friend says it looks showroom ready ...

·
Registered
239 Posts
The guy on the bike is sure ugly!
But what a beautiful bike!
Go ahead and buy it..., uh, what is your wife's name?
I'd like to talk to her about the bike since she will be having an estate sale.:D

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Everyone please tell me I don't need this bike. Tell me it is a waste of money.

If I buy this my wife will kill me, so it will be up for sale again soon ..
I would say you already answered your own question. :bleh:
I'm not a big fan of those so it's pretty easy for me to say "don't do it" & "pick your battles wisely"
(Be sure your wife knows how to sign in here on the Cafe so she can make a "For Sale" post so we can get first dibs when all your bikes go up for sale,lol)

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
I really & truely can't afford that, so you go ahead and buy it. When your wife sees to your untimely demise, I imagine she will sell it for a mere pittance just to spite, THEN, I can afford it. So please buy it. How's that for support/advice?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Damn, I'd go so far as to part with my beloved X to buy that bike!

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
If you love and want it that much, find a way to get it done, then wear body armor and hide the bullets to all those new guns you got :D

I could pass on that Valk, but if it was the Interstate version of the Valk I would be in the same boat you are in, they are really very smooth bikes, I like the Runes too, but I need practical bikes (for the weak excuses I will throw at my wife) and as Bad A$$ as I think the Runes are, they aren't much more than bike night bikes IMHO:stirpot:

·
Geezer Glider
3,703 Posts
I'll send you a check for $2000 right now If you put my name on the title as well, so when You mysteriously disappear, I can just pick up my new ride. :) lol

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
If you have been married for any length of time you know it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. BUY IT!

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
I was looking for one of those when I bought the VTX...:mosh:

Can I be added as a benificiary in your will??....:D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts