Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys and gals this is AWESOMELY IMPORTANT hence the caps. Who here loves charities, riding their bikes, having a bike or car show, seeing bands, and best of all who here loves the late Dimebag Darrel? I have the opportunity nay WE have the opportunity to have our very own chapter in Ohio. Ill explain more if you are interested in donating time... time... wait did I say time? Oh yeah and a lot of fun during and after the parties. So i'm looking for your help and I really hope this doesn't go unheard. Feel free to share this with other people and have them PM me here if interested. Im trying to start a Ride for Dime Chapter here in Ohio. They are a register charity and the name is from Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott who was the guitarist for Pantera, Damageplan and other bands. He was shot and killed at Alrosa Villa in Columbus Dec. 4th 2004 while on stage. Im looking for people to join the chapter, help out with passing on info, helping get local bands to play, setting up poker runs, car shows, and concerts. If you love helping others or loved Dimbag Darrell, just like riding, or just want to help cause its a charity please I need all the help I can get. Sorry forgot to mention that the proceeds go to Ride for Dime, a federally registered charity. Last year they donated the money for new guitars for schools. Now the first 2 years donations go to Ride for Dime Texas (mother chapter) but I believe the (getting conformation) following ones we decide where to donate.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry forgot to mention that the proceeds go to Ride for Dime, a federally registered charity. Last year they donated the money for new guitars for schools. Now the first 2 years donations go to Ride for Dime Texas (mother chapter) but I believe the (getting conformation) following ones we decide where to donate.

·
Registered
463 Posts
It's a 501 charity, so basically you get your money back at tax season in the form of deductions from donations. I've heard of ride for dime before. The money supposedly goes to furthering music education for kids. It's a legit organization, just not well known. If anyone donates or whatever, a 501 c3 is federally registered so the money gets accounted for. I personally wish all well, but all my money goes to breast cancer in honor of my mother. Good for you though in taking this on for a decent cause. Good luck!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It's a 501 charity, so basically you get your money back at tax season in the form of deductions from donations. I've heard of ride for dime before. The money supposedly goes to furthering music education for kids. It's a legit organization, just not well known. If anyone donates or whatever, a 501 c3 is federally registered so the money gets accounted for. I personally wish all well, but all my money goes to breast cancer in honor of my mother. Good for you though in taking this on for a decent cause. Good luck!
Yes he is correct and thank you for the good luck. However i'm not looking for money if anyone is wondering. Im looking for help and people that want to join chapter. You don't have to join chapter to help either just volunteering some time would be a big help. whether its helping with venue, rides, shows, collecting money at registration or whatever.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did get more info and once I get a little bit more then il post again and tell you all more about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts