Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BUDBOWTIE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently emailed Max at Sumax.com to inquire about both the 8.2 and 10 mm plug and coil wires for my '08 VTX 1300R. Since I have not dug down into it yet, can anyone answer the question he replied with, which here is his response: We do not have ready made for the VTX 1300R at this time. I believe they are like our Pro Comp series with long hemi style boots. Is there a coil / boot terminal on the other end? If so, what does it look like. We might be able to make you up a set. Does it have the hemi style boots?
If anyone can answer about the coil and boots, please let me know. Thanks everyone. :patriot:

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
I recently emailed Max at Sumax.com to inquire about both the 8.2 and 10 mm plug and coil wires for my '08 VTX 1300R. Since I have not dug down into it yet, can anyone answer the question he replied with, which here is his response: We do not have ready made for the VTX 1300R at this time. I believe they are like our Pro Comp series with long hemi style boots. Is there a coil / boot terminal on the other end? If so, what does it look like. We might be able to make you up a set. Does it have the hemi style boots?
If anyone can answer about the coil and boots, please let me know. Thanks everyone. :patriot:
Kind of unique too the X. If I remember correctly 2 of the boots are straight like the hemi style, and 2 have a dog-leg in them. But if they are too long they will interfere with the covers.

·
BUDBOWTIE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing wrong, really. I spoke to a few people (non-VTX riders), that said they have them and it has made a difference both in smoothness and mileage. They had no issues with stock wires either. It just ended up being a worthwhile upgrade.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
There's a company out there claiming a 12hp increase from their plug wires...Which is total BS...No way anybody's gonna gain 12 ponies from a set of plug wires...Unless they're only running on one cylinder to begin with!!...LOL!!....

·
BUDBOWTIE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed. 12 hp is quite boastful. Probably should not mess with a good thing and just leave well enough alone. So far all the tips & tricks I have gotten from everyone on SCAR mod, plugs and A/F adjustments have resurrected my X and life is good. So nice to go out in the morning and not have to use a choke and can take off after a minute or so with no missing or hesitation. Thanks to everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts