Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
intermitting, lack of power, smell of fuel, jerking,. sometimes. bike was runnin awesome, then the bug started. replaced the fuelpump, fpr, plugs, gt acouple new maps dwnloaded. 02vtxc 1800, 17000miles bigborekit was installed at 14000miles heavyduty lifters and springes, forged crank, dualcams, pclll. all advice is greatly appreciated.. love the forum, lots of help. oh, 4 the guys who asked bout the speed of the beast. i pulledout at 158mph. and 4 the vrods, hahaha, eat them 4 lunch. leave them lookin crazy, literally. lmao!!! vtx1

did groundfix aswell.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Fuel pressure regulator, or loose battery cable?

·
Registered
743 Posts
At what speed or RPMs and gear(s) is this happening? You said you replaced the FPR, but it may still be faulty. PCIIIs are known to crap out too. It may be an intermittent electrical connection.

·
Registered
221 Posts
intermitting, lack of power, smell of fuel, jerking,. sometimes. bike was runnin awesome, then the bug started. replaced the fuelpump, fpr, plugs, gt acouple new maps dwnloaded. 02vtxc 1800, 17000miles bigborekit was installed at 14000miles heavyduty lifters and springes, forged crank, dualcams, pclll. all advice is greatly appreciated.. love the forum, lots of help. oh, 4 the guys who asked bout the speed of the beast. i pulledout at 158mph. and 4 the vrods, hahaha, eat them 4 lunch. leave them lookin crazy, literally. lmao!!! vtx1

did groundfix aswell.
Verify (Step 2) of the Ground Fix if you did not get the ground connection next to the battery tight it will cause this symptom.

·
Registered
491 Posts
My 2003 1800C does the same thing at times. When I am really getting on it, it will start cutting out. If I back off the throttle a bit, it will clear up, then run fine. Is your problem similar to that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts