Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month I took my 2003 Honda VTX 1800S out for a long ride and everything was going great. The a few days ago I tried to start it up but to no avail. I checked the battery and it was very strong but still wouldn't start. I hooked up a jump box and it started up but lights began to blink. I didn't feel safe riding it so I didn't. I had a similar problem several years ago with my Harley Davidson Ultra Classic but it cut off and wouldn't even start with a jump box. I found out that the stator was fired. Do you think the stator on my VTX 1800S is bad?

·
Registered
17,418 Posts
Last month I took my 2003 Honda VTX 1800S out for a long ride and everything was going great. The a few days ago I tried to start it up but to no avail. I checked the battery and it was very strong but still wouldn't start. I hooked up a jump box and it started up but lights began to blink. I didn't feel safe riding it so I didn't. I had a similar problem several years ago with my Harley Davidson Ultra Classic but it cut off and wouldn't even start with a jump box. I found out that the stator was fired. Do you think the stator on my VTX 1800S is bad?
What is your mileage? I just asked this of a bike mechanic working on mine about the ability to check this to see if being pro-active and checking would help. They either work or they don't, he said. I only have 26K on mine, and his brother's, was replaced w/ over 100K when it went bad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is your mileage? I just asked this of a bike mechanic working on mine about the ability to check this to see if being pro-active and checking would help. They either work or they don't, he said. I only have 26K on mine, and his brother's, was replaced w/ over 100K when it went bad.
My bike has approximately 27K on it and gave no signs or issues prior to this.

·
Registered
17,418 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts