Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 VTX 1800 C. Currently I have the long Cobra pipes and a K&N high-flow air filter in the factory box. I've been looking around for a tuner and the place that I go to who by the way builds and races track bikes, highly recommend the Power Commander 5. The shop is fully equipped with a Dyno machine as well.
I would like to know, who here has had any experience with a power commander 5? I know there are a ton of different Maps available, I just wanted to know if anyone has had any specific experience with this manufacturer.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on what you know, is it better than the other tuners? The shop I go to swears by the Power Commander.
and in all honesty, I'm not very knowledgeable about this so I just want to get a feel for what the best option would be. Basically, I want to know how a power commander is better than anything else?

·
Super Moderator
9,541 Posts
I don't know what is better or best for a VTX1800 but for the Victory bike line, the Power Commander V (PCV) is considered the best fuel controller.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That gentleman that does the dyno tuning hot the shop I go to, said the exact same thing. He said that Power Commander V is the best application. I'm not doubting that, I just wanted some evidence to back it up.
as I previously stated, unfortunately when it comes to fuel tuners this topic is totally way above my paygrade

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
Ability to map both cylinders ability to map each gear and ability to change timing although most tuners will not use all of the components they are possible to be put in place.
I use all of the components on my setup.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Does everyone actually think map Tuning is needed for street bikes? I've got V&H big shots and a K&N/hyper charger on my 1800R and it runs great, (with slight decel popping). I usually get 35 to 39 mpg depending on my attitude... :eek:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just wanted to put it out there, but is it possible to flash the ECU on the VTX without actually having to get a tuner?
I know guys who have done this on sportbikes which I completely understand is a different platform but I wanted to know if it is possible on this bike? I know it sounds like a silly question but when it comes to ignition and timing then definitely is not my forte. If anyone can chime in I'd greatly appreciate it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts