Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and good day to all. I just brought a Power Commander 6 for my 02 VTX 1800R. I was wondering if anyone has put one of these on their bike? If so, what's your thoughts? I was told they come pre loaded with a map for the 02 VTX 1800 with "stock" exhaust. However I have V & H pipes and a supercharger air filter. Is there something else I would need to have done as far as having it mapped for my specific set up? Any help, advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

· Super Moderator
12,586 Posts
To properly map the PC6, you need to get the bike dynotuned or use some sort of home tuning kit which analyzes the mixture of exhaust gases and optimizes these. In 2015, a dynotune on my bike cost $300.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To properly map the PC6, you need to get the bike dynotuned or use some sort of home tuning kit which analyzes the mixture of exhaust gases and optimizes these. In 2015, a dynotune on my bike cost $300.
Is it possible for me to do the install myself and take my bike to have it dynotuned? In other words, will my bike be ridable once the PC6 is installed with the pre loaded map from the company? It may sound like a dumb question but I honestly just don't know. So i ask.

· Super Moderator
12,586 Posts
I would think that you could do this. It is what I did when "upgrading" my current bike which is not a VTX. I installed a PCV, some other performance enhancing add-ons (not cams), and then took it to be dynotuned. It ran fine at both low and high speeds with this temporary map. No guarantee that this will work for the VTX1800. I suppose it will depend on if the temporary map is a reasonable one for a VTX1800.

Reactions: 68valiant

· Registered
7 Posts
What will be the gain in terms of power and torque with a PCV and V&H pipes ?... I have an 02 VTX 1800S and I considering to make this upgrade (PCV). I have already V&H exhaust system... According to some owners , there"s not much improvment....

· Registered
18,785 Posts
What will be the gain in terms of power and torque with a PCV and V&H pipes ?... I have an 02 VTX 1800S and I considering to make this upgrade (PCV). I have already V&H exhaust system... According to some owners , there"s not much improvment....
You should listen to those owners. Save your $.

Reactions: 68valiant

· Super Moderator
12,586 Posts
You will get a small improvement. I would estimate it to be a gain of only something between 5-10% in HP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts