Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just bought an '07 with a unit that says POWRPRO Fi2000 on it. Will these codes apply to that model?
No Your device is made by Cobra, nothing like a PCIII

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good Morning VTXer's
I have question regarding mapping set up. I have a 2005 1800N. It has a standard air filter and Cobra slash cut/staggered slip on pipes. I checked the "Powercommander.com" web site and it does not have anything for this bike that I can fine. Can anyone direct me. It would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Greetings,

I am new to the VTX world and making all the custom changes is very new to me.

I am changing my stock pipes to a set of Cobra's and understand that I need a fuel management system.

I have a 2007 1800F and I am having a difficult time finding a management system for that particular model. I see listings for c/r/s/n models but not the "F".

Could someone with experience in these matters guide me on what is a compatible model so I may get this project moving?

Is one brand better than the next? What would be a good price to pay for the system?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Actually you will be just fine without a fuel management unit on the bike. If you have to have the MOST power or the BEST economy then you will want one. But it is NOT necessary. Your bike will be fine.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Actually you will be just fine without a fuel management unit on the bike. If you have to have the MOST power or the BEST economy then you will want one. But it is NOT necessary. Your bike will be fine.
I know my '02 Xc in stock condition did not ride smooth due to the 1800s being lean out of the box.
The bike needs more fuel. the PowerCommander is an overkill solution. I'm still using a beta "fuel nanny" Jim G', made a group buy for some of us on the '0a about 13 years ago.
Top speed hasn't changed ( thanx rev limited ) but it sure gets there quicker. Runs much smoother at any speed, however there is a cost.
Mileage went down from 147 per tank to 110.
The PCs are more nuanced and allow to lean it out but, that's not what then bike needs.

Those of you looking to catch the A/F mix up to various mods,...consider the option. What its called anymore or who makes'm I dunno.
Google it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Actually 1800s tend to run rich in stock form. That is why you will see so many minus numbers on PC maps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone. Looking for a map for my bike

2006 1800N
Cobra Drags

Or if anyone can suggest something close to what I have Im not sure if it would matter between cobra slashes and drags.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 2002 1800c with v&h short shot with baffles and a kn air filter dont know much about the bike im getting about 70 miles on a tank it has a proganmer from cobra it is a Fi2000 is there some out there that is better

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sorry to say but that's terrible mileage. I have the same bike and get about 110 before light comes on. Look into the M109-008b map. You can download it from the PC website.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Custom Mapped 1800R3:

Here's the custom map for my 1800R if it may help somebody out. Runs like a raped ape (or at least how I assume a raped ape would run). Approx 34 city/39 highway mpg's.

• '06 VTX1800R Spec 3
  • Hard Krome 3" Big Straights
  • K&N air filter in stock airbox
  • Desmog/Pair Valves removed
  • Power Commander 3 USB

Download

Hope it helps somebody.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a 2002 VTX 1800R, just bought HK 3" Bigstraights exhaust. Also have power commander III usb. I am not able to find a exact match for a fuel map. Just wondering which map would be the closest to the HK 3" bigstraights. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a 2002 vtx1800c with cobra pipes with baffles, a cone ram air intake and it’s desmogged from what I was told. I just ordered the power commander v and was wondering if anyone had a good map?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Doesn't look like there's been any activity on this topic for a while but I have a question, I have a 2003 1800C and ordered a set of Cobra slash tip hotrod exhaust and a cord iij ng to the seller there are no baffles in them, so I'm guessing they are going to be a little to loud to begin with until I get some, so I would like some suggestions on which baffles and also wondering g if I would be ok to run without a fuel manager for a short time while I pay off the exhaust system and will likely be without any baffles as well for a short time thanks in advance for your wisdom

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well my exhaust came in today and the pipes actually do have baffles in them so I'm glad I waited on ordering some, unfortunately they are not pretty drilled for the 02 sensor, so do I drill these and tap them or have a nut wielded to the pipe to attach the sensor or get the 02 sensor eliminators, or can I just zip tie the 02 sensors off out of the way and not worry about them and how soon do I need to worry about getting a fuel manager?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 128 Posts