Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was browsing denniskirk.com and saw THESE.

Wife said order em up. Who am i to argue?

484$ shipped seem like a damn good deal.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics and video will follow when theyre on (and the scooters clean).

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Clean isn't necessary if the chrome is shinin'. Looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They'll be here tomorrow. If it's not raining they may be on the bike tomorrow night.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just finished up the install, pretty painless. Got it all lined up nicely, tightened everything up. Fired it up. Massive exhaust leak from the front pipe. I wasnt paying close enough attention and its not quite lined up perfectly. Reordering another gasket and will fix that asap.

As for the sound, LOUD. Only other pipes ive ever heard were V&H longshots and these are 10X louder. Thats without baffles though. Ill take a video after the leak is fixed but heres a quick cell phone photo.

LOUD!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks.

I was pissed though about the leaking front pipe. I should of ordered 3 gaskets in case this happened. I usually always prepare for the worst. I wanted to take a short night ride SO bad after install. Now its supposed to rain for like 3 days and then ill be going on vacation for a week (bikes stayin home). I just want to ride!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i'm in the navy stationed in guam and just ordered a set of HK 3's from J&P, i ordered 3 gaskets just for that reason, it takes 3 weeks to get stuff shipped out here!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
If your dealer doesn't have factory exhaust gaskets in stock, Advance auto parts or Autozone has Felpro gaskets # 60569 that are exactly the same. The bag mine came in said it was for a Honda car or suv. Worked great and was under $5 each.

·
His Excellency
617 Posts
If your dealer doesn't have factory exhaust gaskets in stock, Advance auto parts or Autozone has Felpro gaskets # 60569 that are exactly the same. The bag mine came in said it was for a Honda car or suv. Worked great and was under $5 each.

That's what I used. They work great. Also if your leaking it can blow out enough heat to melt that spark plug cover so whatch it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh I'm not running the bike. First thing I did was check for leaks and shut it down. Should have my new gasket tonight or tomorrow morning. Too bad it's supposed to rain for the next 2 days. :-(

·
Senior Linux Advocate
600 Posts
Looks great. I'm sure you'll get it the leak fixed and a few miles riding you'll forget about your initial delay in riding. Enjoy it. You got a good deal; the price is back up to ~$620.:cheers:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Problem corrected. I actually didnt even crush the gasket. The pipe was cock eyed. Had to flip the flange 180 degrees, lined everything up, tightened. Good to go.

Went for a little 40 mile ride around town. Sounds fantastic. Nice deep tone. Loud as hell when you get on it. Will try and get a video up next week. Leaving for vacation tomorrow night. Glad i went with samson, sort of separates me from the crowd too. Freakin love em.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts