Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode over to a buddies garage and put on my punishers and the HL lightbar yesterday. I decided not to wire internally, maybe another day. Between the bullet ends, the new K grips and the rubber washers on either side of the 3T I had no vibration issues. But they call 'em punishers for a reason! 20 mile ride home and I could feel it. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but they were much more comfortable riding thumbs up than full grip. They sure do look good tho! The lightbar works great too, but we ran out of time before we could finish troubleshooting the fast blinking turn signals. And I couldn't remember exactly which wire to cut where in order to avoid them going off when I go bright. Also, I ended up just plugging in the switch and rolling it up in the headlight because they won't light up without it. I don't want to install the switch, so I have to figure out how to bypass it. So next week it's these leftovers plus the triple whammy and the EL-12 flasher, Glens permadjust and the scar mod + de-smog. Plus a few chrome acoutrements just for flavor. My friends Step-mom commented how sexy my bike looks! Her words, I kid you not. I love it.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
I guess the honeymoon is offically over now Bill.:D:D
Nah, I'm still crazy in love with her..But she knows I'm a guy, and I'm not dead either or gay either...Meaning she knows darned well I look at other women...She looks at other guys too...Not a problem as lond as we both know where home is, and the looking doesn't lead to touching...:cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Hell I've been married so long that she actually points out hotties worth looking at when we're out so... I have a hall pass and wanna she the step mom to :stirpot:
(and after those of course some of your bike would be good to)

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
I know what you mean, Karen will point a hottie out to me if she thinks I missed her. She knows she's secure and has no worries. I like that feeling of being totally trusted and I wouldn't violate it either.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Too funny! I hate to tell you the truth about her now that you're having so much fun with it. Alas, not hot, not close, not ever. Oh well. Anyway Bassdude, you coulda at least pointed me in the right direction with my lightbar probs before you hijacked me. I actually was gonna search your threads cause I thot I membered you steering someone else in the right direction. What say you Bro?

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Too funny! I hate to tell you the truth about her now that you're having so much fun with it. Alas, not hot, not close, not ever. Oh well. Anyway Bassdude, you coulda at least pointed me in the right direction with my lightbar probs before you hijacked me. I actually was gonna search your threads cause I thot I membered you steering someone else in the right direction. What say you Bro?
Not hot???...EVER???..Oh well!!...LOL..

Let's see...Pretty sure it's the blue wire with the white stripe...But can't remember which side of the connector you have to cut though..Been a long time since I did mine...

As far as the switch, I can't help there....I mounted mine up on the handlebar where it goes, but just leave it on pretty much all the time....

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Post some pics of the bike when done!! Just cause step mom isn't hot, doesn't mean the bike can't be coo!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts