Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I just had a small spill on my 1300C bike and scraped the pegs and bent the foot break slightly. I want to replace them but I've always wanted floorboards instead of the pegs. I'm assuming the parts would just fit without problems but wanted to check with someone who might've done this first.

The frame between the R and C models look identical and I don't forsee it being more of an issue of purchasing and swapping the parts.

Also, on my last carb adjustment, I scratched the tank slightly with a sharp piece of the handlebars that portrudes on the left-hand control as I was putting it back on the bike (last time I do it at night). Any recommendations as to how to touch it up? do I just need to remove the tank altogether and take it to a paint shop to be re-finished? (I would REALLY rather not do this).

EDIT: lol! I meant "Paint question" on the title, not pain... I guess unconsciously I'm still in pain for laying my baby down.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I sawapped out my stock 1300C forward controls for a set of stock floorboards from a 1300R. It was a piece of cake. Everything fits without having to do any modifications.

Can't help you with the paint - sorry.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I sawapped out my stock 1300C forward controls for a set of stock floorboards from a 1300R. It was a piece of cake. Everything fits without having to do any modifications.

Can't help you with the paint - sorry.
I wish it was that easy the other way around. I want to swap out my floorboards on my 1300R to pegs but from everything I've read and been told it's a pain.:banghead:

·
Registered
338 Posts
the floorboards and pegs do interchange from a c to an r, however if you want to also run the heel toe shifter and brake pedal from an r on a c you will need to swap all the bracketry from the frame out. the frame itself is the same, so is the bracket that holds the rear master cylinder, everything else is different between the 2 models.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! I've been looking at the brackets and everything that comes OEM for the floorboards and it comes for a little under $300. If I want to install the shifter and break, it'll run me another $300 or so. I'll probably do the boards first and then the shifter/break.

I do have to order new bolts to secure the pegs to the frame because the original ones bent and stretched in the spill... fortunately they're less than a buck a piece and I might just be able to get them at the hardware store.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have a C model and I recently put on Cobra Swept Boards. Very easy install and they look and work great.
You might want to look into this option also.

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
As far as I know, I was the first one to swap R/S boards for C pegs. I didint like the boards at all.

The swap is pretty easy but make sure you have all the parts. The C uses some stand-offs for rear master cylinder for alignment. Also, you may need a C shift rod since the R rod is shorter. You may be able to rotate the shift lever on the engine to make up some of the length but the rod is like $8. That being said, it is a pretty easy swap either direction.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks scales!
I'm actually attempting the reverse, I want to get rid of my pegs and put some floorboards on my C. You wouldn't happen to still have your stock boards would you?

As far as the wobbly pegs, I got 2 bolts from my dealership (they gave them to me free of charge) and replaced the warped ones with them. It's just like new!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts