Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 VTX 1300S. I really like the look of the new tapered exhaust pipes on the 2009 and and newer models. Will the new mufflers work with the existing pipes on the 2006 model? Could they be changed out easily? Where would be the best place to purchase the mufflers? I think I saw the HDL price to be over $1300 just for the two mufflers!! That may be a deal breaker. Thanks.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,117 Posts

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
They should be a direct swap, the muffler brackets are the same, and I'm pretty sure that someone on here has swapped them before.
I wouldn't buy them from a dealer, there are always people selling and even giving them away when they go to aftermarket pipes.
You could buy some of the nicest aftermarket pipes for less than just the 2 cans will cost you.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I've got the tapered exhaust on my 06 1300C. It was a direct swap. However, the tapered mufflers DO NOT fit the old header pipes. What I mean is that the length and bend degree of the header pipes will not work with the tapered exhaust. I found a full exhaust system on ebay for $90. The only thing with the exhaust system is that my front header pipe rests against the right forward control mount. You won't notice unless you're looking for it and there are no leaks so I don't worry about it. If you have any other questions, just PM me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts