Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PURE ROCK FURY
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mounted HK 3's on my bike today and they sound awesome,but the front pipe is rubbing on the linkage to the back brake pedal just enough so that when I let off the pedal it does not return and the brakes are still engaged until I physically pull it up with my foot.
Any one else run into this?
Is there a fix?
These pipes came off a 1300r and I fabricated a bracket to fit the C...not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Thanks Eric

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
The R/S/T bikes come with floorboards versus the footpegs on the C model...Probably a slight difference there as far a brake pedal clearance...I would just bend/grind/whatever it took to make clearance for the brake to operate correctly...My dad always told me..."A car that won't run won't kill you, but a car that won't turn or stop can kill you"...Bikes apply to that sentiment also...

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
When I did Scaputs pipes from a C to a R I had to use some washers to shim the pedal out. It did the same thing when first installed.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Bought mine with HK 3's. Brake arm kept hitting pipe when I released pedal quickly. Bent arm just a tad and haven't had the issue since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts