Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to replace my stock seat on my VTX 1300. A gentleman I work with runs a Bike Shop and was going to list a used Ultimate Bigboy Seat with Passenger Seat and Backrest on eBay. MSRP is $700, but he said he'll sell it to me directly and asked me what I think is a fair price.

I have no clue what would be a fair price for used seats in good condition. I don't want to undercut him and seem like a douche. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

·
X Virgin
5,232 Posts
Make sure it fits your model ansd ask how old it is. Last, ask if you can ride on it for a week to be sure it`s comfortable for you. $400 is a decent price with the backrest between friends. Less if you`re good friends.

·
Miles: 50,000+
7,104 Posts
Well I paid ~$900 +/- for my lowrider 4 piece set witch has the drivers backrest, sissy-bar pad and rain covers, which come in handy when washing the bike more than anything.

For some reason $700 doesn't sound right to me, but I don't really know. I think depending on which 3 peice set you are talking about MSRP should be from $725 to $780.

I think starting at $400 would be a good starting point. If you don't want to insult your friend, just ask him to shoot you a price and go from there.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
It came off an 2003 VTX, but he's not sure how long they had it for. Thanks for the quick responses. :)
2003 VTX what model? If it wasn't an "R" or an "S" it won't fit, and if he will let you try it for a few days then he is a buddy for sure. 400 seems fair.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
My mistake, I meant to ask what the guy with the seat had as far as the seat, what did it come off of?:( I'm not sure of 1300 to 1800 fitment.

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
I would suggest trying it first...I bought one after all the hype over them and how great they are, was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent...was comfortable when I first got it, after 2 weeks it was no better than the stock seat in my opinion...Ultimates are made of memory foam..do a search on memory foam being used in motorcycle seats...there are quite a few people on here unhappy with Ultimates, but seems they always avoid the seat threads...

Either way good luck :cheers:

·
Registered
458 Posts
I can only speak for myself but coming from a 1300c brick seat I love my ultimate lowboy! If its in good shape $400.00 would be a good price, I wouldn't sell mine for that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet, thanks for all the info. It came off a 03 1300/R so in theory it should fit unless there is something different between the 03 and the 05.

·
CPT, AD
378 Posts
I would suggest trying it first...I bought one after all the hype over them and how great they are, was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent...was comfortable when I first got it, after 2 weeks it was no better than the stock seat in my opinion...Ultimates are made of memory foam..do a search on memory foam being used in motorcycle seats...there are quite a few people on here unhappy with Ultimates, but seems they always avoid the seat threads...

Either way good luck :cheers:
I sat on an 1800 at dryer in Indy that had one and it felt like a marshmellow then lost its fluff in a few minutes.....then at the indy meet and greet I sat on Rays...Damn it felt great. I have no idea how there could be such a contrast in the same damn seat but man Rays seat felt just as good as the million dollar GW seat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You might also want to check the Ultimate site for fitment. The bigboy, midrider, and lowrider will feel different and place you closer to the bars depending on your size/weight.

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/vtx.html

I've had the lowrider for 5 years and still lovin it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts