Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am interested in purchasing a Biker's Friend XL Barrel Bag and Lumbar Support.

1. Does anyone have experience with this bag and is it worth the price tag? ($250)
2. Does anyone have one they are looking to sell.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Have had no direct experience with Bikers Friend. Have a buddy who has one. Nice equipment.

I do have two barrel units made by LazyRider. They are a small manufacturer in Lubbock Texas. They make a Large and small.

It depends on your bike and the amount of room between your Sissy Bar and the point you need for your backrest. The large one I use on the X and I can use it as advertised for a back or lumbar rest. I would think the XL would be too large for a lumbar unit support unless you are a small person.

I had to get the small for the 750. The large bag would work for a backrest. It was best without the pad but you want the pad. It also made me sit a little upright. The small was just a better fit for the Spirit.

I really like the quality of the LazyRider a little better and the rings are of a little better quality. I also like the closing mechanism on the side pockets better. Both of my units have a strap and snap clip closing device on the side pockets.

The picture below shows both LazyRider bags. Neither bag has the backrest unit on in these pictures but have one for both. Wife only uses her's for a backrest. Did not have it on in this picture, was taken just before the bikes were loaded on the trailer for vacation trip.

Their website:

1st •> :choppersm2nd •> •> :choppersm3rd •> •> •>:choppersm4th •> •> •> •> :choppersm Gone •> •> •> •> •> _____ :choppersm​

1800 Mods / Accessories​
•• National Cycle Switchblade 2up Windshield, National Cycle Switchblade Chrome Lowers •• Clocks4bikes Clock-Thermometer •• Big Bike Parts/Chrome Rear Brake Reservoir Cover, Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• BrakeAway Throttle Control •• Paladin Highway bar •• Cobra Luggage Rack, Sissy bar & Tribal Insert, Drive Shaft Cover •• Barrel Bag •• Saddlemen SaddleStow Sissy Bar Deluxe Bag •• Willie & Max Windshield bag •• VTXExhaust.com 12" Short •• VTX Master Cylinder covers •• WhyPush "X" Air Box, K&N Filter •• Cycle House side covers •• Biglry & Bones Fuel Management •• Coyote Gas Cap hinge •• Kuryakyn ISO Grips & Throttle Boss, SwingWing Foot Pegs, Dually offset pegs, License Plate Mount for VX 1800C, License Plate frame, Texas Inspection Sticker plate •• Hondaline Chrome Light Bar for 1800C •• HealTech Digital Gear Indicator/eCaddy Accessory Mount •• Cardo Intercom Scala Q2 & G4 •• iPod •• Avon Cobra 200 -130 tires & Dyna Beads •• Tsukayu Strong bags/EasyBrackets •• Ultimate Bigboy driver seat with backrest and passenger seat •• Rivco Tachometer for 1800 C, Rivco 6" risers, Rivco Passenger boards/forward adaptors •• Big Bike Parts Chrome Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• Gremlin Bell •• Signal Minder ••* Xena XX14 Motorcycle Disc Lock Alarm -- next on list • Tweaked Scotrod Tool Bag mod, Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors, Stebel Horn, Progressive shocks….

750 Mods / Accessories​
Memphis Shades Fats 21” Gradient Black Windshield • Memphis Shades Quick Release Mounting Kit • Memphis Shades Lowers-Black / Mounting Kit •• Cobra Light Bar • Freeway Bar • Sissy bar • Plain Insert • Luggage Rack • Honda OEM Driver Foot Pegs VTX 1800C3 model •• Lazy Rider Small Barrel Bag •• Saddlemen Cruiser Large Tool Bag • Shock Cutaway Saddlebags •• Vance and Hines Cruzer Dual Exhaust •• WhyPush “Tribal Flame” Air Box / K&N Filter •• Kuryakyn ISO Grips • Kuryakyn Throttle Boss •• BrakeAway Throttle Control •• Avon Venom 180 - 90/90 tires •• Robert Doerr Custom Seat Mod with graphic •• ButtyBuddy auxillary seat •• Clocks4bikes Clock • Clocks4bikes Thermometer •• HealTech Digital Gear Indicator •• Phat Riser III for 750 Spirit •• Big Bike Parts Drive Shaft Cover • Chrome Drive Shaft Bolt Trim • Kisan Signal Minder • Kuryakyn Carburetor Jet Kit •• Evoline Wayer Helmet •• Cardo Intercom Scala G4 Powerset-Q2 Multiset • Gremlin Bell • ToolKit • Xena XX-6 Disc Lock Alarm -- next on list • Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors, Stebel Horn….

:patriot:..........• Blessed to have been born in Texas •..........:patriot:
• Blessed to have been raised in Texas •
• Blessed to Live in Texas •
• If things continue as they are going - Hopefully I will be Blessed to see Texas as a Sovereign Nation again before I pass •
• Blessed I will be buried in Texas •

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rjtmac,

I checked out the website. I am planning on going without a sissybar and riders seat. I have a fender luggage rack. How would the LazyRider work with that?

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Fine I would think. Comes with small stretch cords for attaching to a luggage rack and with a large single strap that velcros the unit to the to the sissy bar but might work for a luggage rack also, would have to check on that....

I don't know of any special attachments for the BF or the LR for non sissy bar attachment.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hey guys, for my two cents, the lazy rider looks really cool and is 65 dollars less money. I didn't know til i checked the site that it was a solid bag too. Darn nice! ooops, that was a nickels worth :icon_blah
Happy Bird Day,
Bry

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I know this is not what you asked ... but just throwing it out there.
I bought the Kuryakyn Ultra Tour Bag. Masses of room and a great back support.

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
I know this is not what you asked ... but just throwing it out there.
I bought the Kuryakyn Ultra Tour Bag. Masses of room and a great back support.
The Kury bags are nice. Had one for a while. Was kinda an in between for me so it went to a friend of a friend. Have saddlebags and large Saddleman bag for trips. The Barrel Bags with their lower profile and less obtrusive looks for everyday use just appeals to me more. Gives me that little extra for hauling on a quick need basis.

Other wise I pony up - snap on the saddlebags - mount the SaddleMen along with the LazyRider.

Oppsssssssssss - sorry strayed from the topic • kinda ....

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an XL Bikers Friend. It's over 6 years old and traveled many thousands of miles and holding up great. Great product.
If you plan to use it as a back rest, get the XL.
Thats it on top of the sissy bar bag in my avitar.
Sorry I have no desire to sell it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike, I will take that as a a recommendation!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts