Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1300C and believe I am getting saddle bags for fathers day. I am just asking for you opinion on hard vs leather and why? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hard Bags.....

My Aunt and Uncle were hit in a parking lot last Fall.
Their Tsukayu Bags saved her leg from being busted up.

Just my 2cents.

:cheers:

Ken

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Just my opinion, but I think any saddlebags on a C model look out of place with the short fender.
They take away from the sporty look.
With that in mind, I think if you are going to have them on a C, they look best with color matched hard bags.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I went with the hard bags with the leather look.I would hate to drop bike or have the lets say hard painted bags get scratched,dented etc.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I went with hard bags on my C as I couldn't find any leather that was reasonable cost and big enough and looked like they would hold up.

Of course, I do what I can on the cheap, so I went with Mutazu HL as I think they look best on the C, as opposed to most other models and brands that have curves better suited to the R and S model Cs. I spent another $50 and couple of days appying fiberglass cloth and epoxy on the inside of the hard bags to give them some strength and durability.

Cheers,
Randy

·
Registered
748 Posts
I went with the hard bags with the leather look.I would hate to drop bike or have the lets say hard painted bags get scratched,dented etc.
I like the leather look also

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
you'll have to look around, do some research, go to some bike nites or to the dealer, see what people stroll up in. check out riding sites, check out friends that you know. then it depends on your likes, fit, what you're looking for, and with so many options, it depends the depth and lenghts of the pockets you have and are willing to dig into. quick release, hard, throwovers...have fun searching...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have Leatherlykes on my C, they look fine, tassels and all. Very durable, I can't imagine having a bike without bags, but that's just me. Sometimes I don't comb my hair in the morning either, but I'm still way cool - do what suits your needs and not what you think you should look like.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I've got the Leatherlykes as well. I like them better than the straight leather bags as they hold their shape are solid. I know that most leather bags hold their shape as well but I also like the way the leatherlyke bags mount.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I recently switched from the Hondaline 24 litre bags to hard bags, because I finally found something that fit my vision and budget. Wanted hard bags for the little peace of mind provided by the locks.

Buddy of mind recently dropped his Stratoliner with leather covered hard bags. Leather on left bag is torn to shreds. Bag is still in tact, but it's still gonna cost him $ome to repair the very noticeable damage. He's also worried about getting a good good texture/color match. 6 of 1, half dozen of the other. :cheers:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have a set of Hardstreet Sixers at the painters.
They are not as big as the Classic or Slimbag and look good with the C fender.
I'll post some pics when I get them back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts