Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a vtx1800 with 90000km and I'll make a journey of 4000 km. My X clutches high on the handle, does not slip the clutch.
For this we ask in how many miles or km you have changed the clutch, and it is very particular driving style, but it would help me know whether what happens in the clutch is normal.

Sorry for my English
Thank you.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Many clutches slip within the first 20,000 miles due to weak springs. The clutch plates and discs should last a very long time. Maybe a 100,000+. I changed mine to a Barnett at 20,000 because it was slipping. The stock clutch pack still looked very, very good. After 60,000 on the Barnett, it still looks new. I wouldn't worry about it. You'll know if it slips. It won't be a disaster, just a nuisance.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I don't know of many people changing out their clutch. It has not been a problem for anyone or if it was, they didn't post questions about doing the change.

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
If you rev the motor real high before shifting, you may get some slipping. Mine will slip in first gear if I run the rpm's up to around 5000, even when new. But in normal driving, if you don't feel any slipping, then I wouldn't change it until you do. 90K on a clutch is just getting broke in! In most cases, the clutch is fine and only needs new springs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts