Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I bought a 02 VTX 1800 C Had 18000 MI runs Great. It does have a Power Commander 2. Installed Then I was looking up the how to videos. On adjusting But it doesn't seem to be going into adjust mode. I've held all three buttons down then start bike The lights flash as if it's going into adjust mode, but it won't allow me to make the adjustments. I do understand that you have a set amount of time to make the adjustments before it goes back also every Power Commander 2 I woke up all have Micro USB ports. This one has some old. Type of Computer Connection looks like something from a late 90s computer what hook up to you? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
16,059 Posts
Some have been known to just 'age out' and stop working. It is nearly 20 years old, and other electronics that old just quit. Mine came with a PC-III, and it runs decent, so I never mess with it. The connecting wires are susceptible to breaking inside the insulation, from vibration, or being cut through by the 'vampire-type' attachment clips. The connections should be soldered for optimum reliability & performance. If it somehow becomes disconnected, the stock ECM will revert back to its stock settings and run just as it used to.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had a PCV on my last bike (ZX12r), I sent it back to dynojet over a winter to have them test and diagnose an issue I was having.

I think I only paid shipping, if there were issues they changed a fee for repair. They gave me the option of paying a little more for a new model replacement.

They were very helpful, maybe try reaching out to them?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have one on my bike. Hold down on all three buttons the turn the key to on position don't start the bike. Then you should be able to make adjustment. You can also e-mail power commander and they will send you the sheet map depending on your are ons. Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts