Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems with "quick release" windshields? The idea seems good, but are they more succeptable to being stolen? Is there a problem with stolen windshields? :coffee:

·
AKA Pooch
341 Posts
I guess that would depend on whether or not the would be thief knows anything about quick release windshields and how bad somebody wants one. I've the Switchblade and no problems so far.JMHO

·
Registered
230 Posts
Memphis Shades here and no problem yet....

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Guess quick release would make it easier for some turd to rip it off. I've had no problems but then, it's only been 6 mos. since I bought my bike. Time will tell, I suppose.

·
Registered
78 Posts
No problems yet but I guess it depends on where you park the X. I park in pretty secure areas. Mostly in the garage and on the Navy Base I where I work. But I haven't had any problems in town.

·
Registered
22 Posts
:choppersmI've got the Switchblade and no problems yet.....I guess that if someone really wanted to they could easily walk away with it!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
My thought is the thief ideally would be a rider or the shield would be of no use to him. I wouldn't think a rider would direspect another rider like that but who knows these days.

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
I don't know about the quick release windsheilds for the X's, but my brother-in-law had one on a HD, he stopped on the emergency lane on the interstate and a semi went buy and it blew off and shattered.

·
9,160 Posts
I've got the Memphis Shades, no problems at all. What I like best about the quick disconnect the ease of cleaning the front of the bike with it removed. Takes about 8 seconds to remove and about the same amount of time to reinstall. :patriot:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have the Switchblade 2 up and no problems so far.(2 years)
I worry more about my Ultimate X seat Drivers backrest more than the shield.
The backrest pulls out real easy and could be stashed under a coat.

HDog

1 - 12 of 12 Posts