Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2005 VTX 1300C and with my first fill up managed to pick the gas station with water in their gas. I got all the gas out and engine runs perfect again. Does anyone no a simple way to drain the gas. Without going into a long detailed description, I had to use duct tape, clear tubing and a shopvac to drain mine.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I just recently bought a 2005 VTX 1300C and with my first fill up managed to pick the gas station with water in their gas. I got all the gas out and engine runs perfect again. Does anyone no a simple way to drain the gas. Without going into a long detailed description, I had to use duct tape, clear tubing and a shopvac to drain mine.
Supply vacuum to the petcock and run a 3/8 line to a can. Turn lever to reserve.
Supplying vacuum can simply be done by hooking up a scrap vac line to it..sucking it and double it over..or use a vac. gauge like a mityvac.
Simple job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is pretty much what I did. I didn't know if there was a more simple way of doing it. Thanks for your input DillDawg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts