Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
‘02 1800c. Radiator lower left fan mounting bolt has busted out of the radiator housing. Wtf. Anyone had any luck or knowledge of welding this back together?

Thanks y’all. This is my ride to work. New radiators are on back order. Can’t get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A shop can fix this? That piece fits right back in. Just need it welding tight obviously. Lol. I’ll che k out a garage that has more welding knowledge than I. Not sure JB weld will hold this heat and pressure.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you for the offer but I was bamboozled on here for trying to a radiator. Local shop is fixing it. Thanks again. Nothing against you but I’m not buying anything from anyone on here. Lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey y’all. Thank you all for helping out. I got it repaired at a radiator repair shop. Lol. Who knew. Lol. Anyway it’s holding up so far. Replaced a couple of other hoses too. Tge reservoir hose was dried out and the reserve hose that connects to the radiator had rubbed a hole it down by the reservoir. Not difficult to replace at all. Just a few extra beers time. No leaks. $65 to repair the radiator.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Temp light coming on. No leaks in radiator. I started the engine and ran for a few minutes with cap off to get any air out. Light came on yesterday. I hear the fan running. All good. Would my thermo be bad?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts